“Sadly I won't miss it.”

Irvine Meadows Amphitheatre
Ranked #23 of 50 things to do in Irvine
Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

The sad thing is, this was Orange County's sole option for mid sized, outdoor concert venues. And it's sub par at best, and this is due to how the venue is managed, not because of bad sound quality or cruddy vantage points. The venue is not crowd friendly, security is lacking, and order is practically non-existent. The parking situation is especially frustrating, and it seems that some staff try their best to remain professional and helpful, but I think they are outnumbered by the younger, blasé inattentive staff. Irvine Meadows, you could have been so much more. I'm in the camp that says good riddance. At least we still have the Greek in LA.

1  Thank latindrummer2112

Reviewed 5 September 2016 via mobile

Obviously, your experience here will seems on what you're going to see. But generally, the venue is well-kept and the parking is fairly reasonable. It's easy to get to the venue. I've enjoyed the events we have attended here.

Reviewed 29 August 2016

Prior to going, I read all the reviews and was almost inclined to skip this concert. Please note, I didn't have a ticket so was risking it a bit (though in all my years, I've never went to a concert and not gotten a ticket last minute). The parking reviews scared me a bit. But I resigned myself to just deal with it and was anticipating the worst. What occurred was the 'best'. Maybe all those reviews got thru Management?! It was a breeze getting in and parking (6:45 arrival for an 8:00 concert). So so easy. People were already there parked, drinking, eating in the parking lot, having a good time. I went straight to the Ticket Office Box and luckily while in line, was able to get a ticket (Loge). Scored! Now let's get down to the concert, it was amazing... Dave Matthews Band are just pure joy to watch... it was a magical night. Weather was perfect... typical #SoCal cool night. I absolutely love this venue and will miss it sorely when it's gone. But in the meantime, please go if you're interested in the musical act... It's so so amazing... and it appears they've taken note of prior bad reviews on parking!

Reviewed 23 August 2016

I would not ever again choose this venue for a concert. Unfortunately, the concert itself was well done. The problems lie in the LONG walk from parking to the seats. Small bathrooms. The food area is filled with very intoxicated guests that should be up in the grass area, but instead choose to party like its 1999 in the food court.

Once inside, i have never experienced as many cheat seaters in my life, 4 people squeezing into a two person area. People wandering the aisles. People dancing on the stairs, falling over.

Small arguments but very loud. A few i witnessed and had to make an effort to avoid.

The final nail on the coffin, we left before the encore to get out of the parking lot, however, the set up is so bad, we had to sit in the car for over one hour just to make it to the exit.

There are many many venues in So Cal for concerts, i do not recommend this one

1  Thank NickellFamilyTravel