“A good outdoor venue!”

Irvine Meadows Amphitheatre
Ranked #15 of 48 things to do in Irvine
Reviewed 5 September 2016 via mobile

Obviously, your experience here will seems on what you're going to see. But generally, the venue is well-kept and the parking is fairly reasonable. It's easy to get to the venue. I've enjoyed the events we have attended here.

All reviews
"score"
"events"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 29 August 2016

Prior to going, I read all the reviews and was almost inclined to skip this concert. Please note, I didn't have a ticket so was risking it a bit (though in all my years, I've never went to a concert and not gotten a ticket last minute). The parking reviews scared me a bit. But I resigned myself to just deal with it and was anticipating the worst. What occurred was the 'best'. Maybe all those reviews got thru Management?! It was a breeze getting in and parking (6:45 arrival for an 8:00 concert). So so easy. People were already there parked, drinking, eating in the parking lot, having a good time. I went straight to the Ticket Office Box and luckily while in line, was able to get a ticket (Loge). Scored! Now let's get down to the concert, it was amazing... Dave Matthews Band are just pure joy to watch... it was a magical night. Weather was perfect... typical #SoCal cool night. I absolutely love this venue and will miss it sorely when it's gone. But in the meantime, please go if you're interested in the musical act... It's so so amazing... and it appears they've taken note of prior bad reviews on parking!

Reviewed 23 August 2016

I would not ever again choose this venue for a concert. Unfortunately, the concert itself was well done. The problems lie in the LONG walk from parking to the seats. Small bathrooms. The food area is filled with very intoxicated guests that should be up in the grass area, but instead choose to party like its 1999 in the food court.

Once inside, i have never experienced as many cheat seaters in my life, 4 people squeezing into a two person area. People wandering the aisles. People dancing on the stairs, falling over.

Small arguments but very loud. A few i witnessed and had to make an effort to avoid.

The final nail on the coffin, we left before the encore to get out of the parking lot, however, the set up is so bad, we had to sit in the car for over one hour just to make it to the exit.

There are many many venues in So Cal for concerts, i do not recommend this one

1  Thank NickellFamilyTravel
Reviewed 15 August 2016 via mobile

Such a great venue. Good views from every seat, good food and drink options before the concert, attentive staff, clean facilities. Great lighting and sound. No hassle and free (yeah) parking. Loved it.

See more reviews
Reviewed 15 August 2016

Went to the Irvine Meadows Amphitheater last night to listen to the Pacific Symphony Orchestra play the very popular, John William's score to "Raiders of the Lost Ark". The orchestra was fantastic, the weather was warm but cooled in the evening, the crowd seemed upbeat, not rowdy, no pot smoking, etc. Families out for a fun evening.

WORDY BUT SUPER HELPFUL HINTS:
Things to be aware of if coming to this venue...I had read reviews of the horrific parking and was getting to the point where I was rather dreading this evening. I did read some helpful hints which proved to be MONEY! Our concert/movie was to begin at 8:00. We arrived at the amphitheater around 6:15ish. As we entered (parking cost $10 for general, $20 for VIP, but not sure what that entailed aside from being closer to the gate) we immediately selected a spot very near that entry gate, ensuring that our car was able to pull out, no backing up, and where no one could block us, which was at the extreme end of a row just to the left of the drive in gate. Parking near where you enter, of course, means that you are at the extreme end of the parking lot and far from the venue entry gates. So what, we came prepared to walk...it's good for you. ;-) Dress is extremely casual, so for me that meant crop pants, sleeveless shirt and tennies. Hubby wore shorts, collared t-shirt and sandals. Others were dressed similarly. Fine. We hiked to the Will Call booth where we waited a grand 15 seconds to be called to a window. Speedy. We entered, no one checked our bag, but we could see in the other lanes that bags were being checked. The website has very specific items that are banned, and realistically speaking, the only thing allowed is a 20 ounce, factory sealed water bottle, and a clear, gallon sized bag of food per person. HOWEVER, we saw people pulling coolers packed with food (these were the lawn spectators), lawn chairs, wine bottles, glass wine glasses, you name it. Not sure what to advise because it seemed everything goes there, however we dutifully only brought a bottle of water each. That's ok. BE PREPARED, if you are sitting on the lawn or at the Terrace level that not only will you have the farthest hike, but that the last bit of it is billy-goat climb straight up! Not stairs, but an asphalt path that was seriously steep. Not for a long time, maybe 100+ yards, but it's quite a HUFF up that hill..for me, anyway. Stop to catch your breath, several (me included) did for a few brief moments. Not such a big deal, but come prepared. We say many elders managing it just fine, so don't be scared, just aware. :-) Ladies, leave the high heels at home. Trust me.
Second hint...we were advised by friendly strangers that it would behoove us to leave IMMEDIATELY after the concert is over, because you can get caught up not only in seriously bad traffic leaving the parking lot, but that there is an orange coned area where, apparently, they stop foot traffic to allow the orchestra members to exit. We didn't witness it because we hot-footed it out in plenty of time.

Finally, our parking strategy was EXCELLENT. We hoofed it out the farther reaches of the parking lot, hopped into our car, started it up, pulled out into a small stream of exiting cars, and made it out of the lot in less than 5 minutes. I've read reviews that stated that people were stranded and blocked for 1.5-3 hours. I have no idea if they are embellishing their stories, but this worked like a charm for us. Final hint, if you're heading to the 5 Freeway, don't turn right on Irvine Center Drive. Instead, as you exit the parking lot, go straight through and then turn right onto Research Drive. There were, maybe 4 cars ahead of us, but as we went through the intersection of Irvine Center Dr., it was bumper to bumper. AVOID.

Sadly, this amphitheater is slated to be torn down at the end of this concert season. Seems a shame to lose this outdoor venue to the apartment buildings that will go up. Too bad, go while you can.

4  Thank hugs4u