Royal Century Hotel
Travelocity
Diamond Inn(Inglewood)
US$ 103
US$ 97
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 April 2012

I most recently spent two nights in this place. The first night I thought was fine. The second night I noticed red bugs in the bed. I squished one and blood came out. I changed rooms and checked out the next day. Now, a few days later (my internet research says they take days to show), my arms, lower back, parts of my legs, and neck are covered in the tell tale marks of bed bug bites. I'm also starting to notice some light ones pop up around the edges of my face so I'm afraid that my face will be covered in a day or two. This is miserable and disgusting. A cheap rate on a hotel is not worth this. Stay away.

Room Tip: Somehow avoid the rooms with bed bugs, if that is possible.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
6  Thank LR2147
Reviewed 11 April 2012

It is a good hotel location to access Los Angeles Airport with a reasonable price. The front desk assistance is nice and helpful. The room cleanliness is OK or average. One suggestion is that the hotel may need to update its TV and furniture.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We stayed for one night (Thank god) and it was the worst stay ever. Hit by bed bugs all night (Still have those horrible bed bug bites). I wish i had considered those reviews earlier. The hotel is stingy and need to be renovated (high time). Carpet smells. We even found a dead cockroach in the bathroom. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. Please do not go by the lower price. This hotel is a nightmare.

Room Tip: There are lot of good hotels like best western, nearby. Please do not stay at this place. We had the worst experience ever
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Please dont stay at this hotel. Let me remind you that you get what you pay for. At first we thought the rooms was all fine. When we slept that night me and my boyfriend were ok. At the middle of the night I woke up feeling itchiness on my lower back. I didnt think too much of it so i scratched it and tried to go back to sleep which was irritating because i kept itching and it was overall uncomfortable. I woke the next morning to find more red marks on my skin and they all itch. As we left the red marks kept appearing all over my body, on my legs, ankles, and event my fingers. I even got one on my face. I scratched them a little and now i have these huge red welts on my body. Im hoping they will go away in a few days but for the mean time they still hurt and itch a lot! Please dont stay at this hotel. They are horrible. They should check their rooms.

Room Tip: Please find another room to stay at
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Meisha C
Reviewed 23 January 2012

I have stayed here quite a few times over the past six months (At least 4-5). The first time I stayed, I a had a room at the back of the hotel, away from Century Boulevard. The neighbors were very noisy and were playing loud mariachi music until very late at night, but that is not the Hotel's fault. The next few times I stayed, I did not have any problems with noise (It is very close to LAX, but I slept very well and the airplane noise did not bother.) The staff has always been very friendly. The lobby and the rest of the hotel is very pretty, nice pool and very pretty courtyard. The rooms are very big, some are bigger than others. The last time I stayed the room had a large, comfy King sized bed, and all the times I have stayed the bed has been very comfy-possibly a clean. I would give probably 3.5 stars for cleanliness- the room is pretty and does not feel dirty at all, but there was an iron burn mark on the carpet and the shower had a small amount of grime in the very corners that you would not touch. There is a gated parking garage, as well. There is food and shops close by, and very close to LAX and the 405 freeway. I really love the Royal Century, and would definitely recommend it and stay again (Great value for the price, too-$57/night including tax on the weekend.)

Room Tip: If there are the neighbors partying across the way, perhaps request a room toward Century Boulevard and the lobby (hopefully it is not a frequent occurence that they do so!)
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple