“Looks are only skin deep”

Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Indian Wells
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 23 February 2012

I cannot find my previous review posted so here I go again. The property looks beautiful from the outside but..... Our room was on the second floor with no elevator. It had hair on the bathroom floor and bath tub that wasn't our color. My pillow was foam which had no liner and looked like something had been cut out of the middle of it. The extra blanket I requested looked as numerouse stains had been cut out of numerouse places on it. My socks were brown from walking on the carpet. The doors don't shut well so there is plenty of slamming. There are dogs at the pools at times and barking at all hours. The pool only has one side that has sun until about 3:30. We and other people in our building on 2 or 3 occasions had room service dishes sit in the hallways for around 16 hours even after calling for a pickup. Many of the people we knew had non working refrigerators in their room and no movie service. If you use the car service for dinner reservations go early. It is never running on time. We had a car reserved for a 4 am ride to the airport. It was not booked. Look at your bill. We were charged the $8 self park and had no card. The staff was very nice. Management if you voiced a concerned they avoided you like the flu after that. If this review is not posted I will be suspicious as it will be my second attempt. Not a nice stay.

• Stayed: February 2012
3  Thank justjoe2
MiramonteManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2012

We were pleased to hear that you did enjoy the resort grounds and our friendly staff, but we are certainly concerned to hear of some of the other experiences that fell short of your expectations and certainly short of ours. I have shared your comments with my department managers and they have addressed your concerns with our associates. The resort does allow dogs but not at our outlets or pools. The dates of your stay we did have a service dog in-house with us and that was the one you had mentioned at the resort’s pool. I thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We absolutely take our guests feedback to heart and we hope to have the opportunity to have you back with us. Our hope is to show you that your experiences our certainly not indicative to the type of service and experience the Miramonte is known for. Thank you again.

Reviewed 23 February 2012

My husband and I recently stayed here as part of a sales incentive trip (so in full disclosure, we didn't pay for anything). It was an absolutely beautiful property, made up of various buildings connected by expanses of green lawn and perfectly manicured landscaping. The views of the mountains were fantastic.

Our room (in Sorrento building) was good, but pretty standard. The bathroom lighting was a little harsh.

Breakfast at the Grove restaurant was REALLY tasty. It was definitely pricey, as other reviewers have written, but I thought it was worth it. Appetizers in the connecting Vineyard Lounge were less impressive.

My favorite part of the trip was my classic 90-min massage at the Well Spa. The therapist was amazing. I also loved their little touches like letting you choose your own music and scented room spray. The only weird thing is that the waiting lounge is right off the women's locker room and co-ed. When I'm laying around naked in a robe (sorry), I would rather there were not men around.

This came off sounding a bit negative, but I LOVED our stay. I would absolutely go back. None of the issues mentioned diminished the wonderful, calming atmosphere of the resort.

Room Tip: We liked our room in the Sorrento building, but another guest commented that it was nicer than their...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 February 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Miramonte Resort on Feb. 10 & 11 and we were expecting more, considering the price. The room was just ordinary, with a small bathroom, the usual small tub, and we had a view of the building across from the us, which was disappointing as I'm sure there are mountain views. We spent an afternoon at the "adult pool", and only after two or three hours later when we were ready to leave did a staff person finally come around for drink orders. Two people next to us brought their own lunch poolside, and a staff person quickly told them that outside food was not allowed at the pool area, although he'd let them finish their lunch. There is only one restaurant, and we had one breakfast there, at a cost of $50! We both had the eggs benedict and coffee, nothing else, and it cost fifty bucks after tax and tip. A regular cup of coffee is four dollars! The food was good, but the service did not warrant the price as we had to wait while our coffee got cold until a server finally came around so that we could ask for a spoon to stir our coffee as there were none on the table. They have a big parking lot and yet they charge you $8/day to self-park! And I still don't know what the $25 resort fee is for. It's a hotel with an outdoor pool. You can rent a poolside cabana, but it costs $75/day! We also stayed at the Agua Caliente during this trip and the rooms are far superior, the view was far superior, and we paid less than half of what we paid at the Miramonte. We also found this location less convenient, as it's further from the airport and Palm Springs. Looking at the Miramonte website, it looks like an extremely fancy place, but I didn't really find that to be true. This was a splurge for us to spend our anniversary week-end here, and yet we found that there was nothing really special about it. We were in the Piedmonte building on the second floor and the hallway smells musty and there were dirty dishes left in the hallway for hours, presumably room service is slow to pick them up. Overall, we were a bit disappointed.

1  Thank sherwoodparkian
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I just returned from my weekend stay at the Indian Wells Miramonte Hotel and Spa. It is always a great time there with 2 pools (quiet for adults & kids pool for families) and Spa.

Included on the resort is a restaurant for breakfast, lunch and dinner where you do not have to leave or go anywhere but enjoy the sun, play gold close by or do some shopping.

Since we always you Hotels.com to book a room, our room this time was suppose to be on the 2nd level with a balcony of which they were all sold out. The hotel at least agreed to waive the resort fee for 1 night or $25.00 each for a total credit of $50 plus tax.

I also come to find out that Orbitz has the best prices vs. Hotel.com as we paid $239 and a person I met poolside paid $189. Due to the heavy snow birds and winter tourist the rates are definitely higher now than in the summer time.

So, if you are in the Palm Springs, Rancho Mirage or La Quinta area, the Miramonte Hotel and Spa is the best place to stay and hang out conveniently located off Hwy 111 close to everything. Enjoy the weather, people, some great happy hour restaurants and golf while there.

Room Tip: Go on Orbitz to check for the best rates vs. Hotels.com and call in advance to ensure you have a roo...
Reviewed 20 February 2012

My husband and I stayed for two nights before a meeting at another hotel in the area and enjoyed our brief visit to the Miramonte. The staff is extremely pleasant and friendly, and the grounds are beautifully maintained. We stayed in the Piedmonte building at the back of the property next to the adults-only pool, and that was really pleasant. We spent a couple of hours sitting at the pool with little sound other than the many birds chirping. There are quite a few large hammocks around for lazy napping or reading, and we have enjoyed wandering around the area -- lovely landscaping, lots of flowers and birds. We also enjoyed the Sunday brunch where we sat outside and watched the main pool, the mountains and little children throwing petals into the fountains (from the baskets of petals provided for that purpose). The only downside for us is that the air conditioner in the room is quite loud and cycles off and on continuously (seriously, it is on a 5 minute cycle). That's pretty annoying but it didn't keep us awake. Although the room and furnishings are in perfect condition and the room is very large, it looks slightly dated. But again, it is in perfect condition and very clean. Large rooms, beautiful grounds, extremely friendly staff -- great place for a desert vacation.

1  Thank ArkansasOrchid
0.3 km away
Indian Wells Resort Hotel
Indian Wells Resort Hotel
#4 of 4 in Indian Wells

Been to Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK