All reviews pool table large kitchen room was clean living room great room short drive the owner guests fireplace california sleeping winter
Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

My wife and I saw that it was going to be record breaking heat in the Palm Springs area (120+), so we booked 2 nights in Idyllwild at the only hotel that advertised they had A/C knowing it would be hot there also. Sure enough it was a record breaking 98 degrees. The hotel has various themed rooms. We chose the Cowboy room upstairs for its King Bed and knowing in an older hotel, the floors above would most likely creek. First thing we noticed upon entering the room was the intense smell of ash and soot from the fireplace. It still had dirty ashes in it from prior guests. Second, and more important, was that management did not turn on the A/C prior to our arrival. There was only one vent for the spacious room, and none in the bathroom. The temperature in the room was unbearable around 3:00 pm and did not cool down until about 12 hours later at 3:00 AM. We had to ask for a fan, which was provided. In addition, The bed pillows were some of the thinnest and worst I've ever slept on. Also the water pressure was abysmal. The water trickled from the sink and shower that my wife said she couldn't get the shampoo out of her hair, and the toilet took a good 3-5 minutes to fill before it could even be flushed again. Finally the large front porch should have been a nice place to sit out and enjoy a glass of wine; however, the furniture was dirty and torn, and the smell from the filthy ash tray with dozens of cigarette butts was just to overwhelming. I realize it was unusually hot, but knowing the temperature and the state of the old A/C system, it should have been turned on ahead of time, as management knew we were coming, and the dirty fireplace was inexcusable. Very disappointing.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Christopher V
Reviewed 23 June 2016

There is a lot of traffic in this town and despite being on a corner and facing the road, the room was still very quiet. There is a large common room if you have a group and they let everyone use the kitchen so you can have coffee or tea, or store leftovers. Comfortable bed, fireplace, and a giant jacuzzi.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2016 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for our 26th wedding anniversary. It was our first time in Idyllwild, which is a delightful, peaceful community. Lots of outdoor activities, especially hiking. Technically this is not a B&B. It's a B&K - bed and kitchen. No breakfast is served, only coffee. Yes, some of the 9 units, I.e., those upstairs, have AC units. Yes they have a pool table but the room it's in isn't big enough to get clear and free shots from every angle (kinda of a bummer). The place is very picturesque and artfully done, but lacking on some practicalities. There were not nearly enough electrical outlets in our room, and there are no night lights, which makes for a pitch black trip to the bathroom in the middle of the night. It was an obstacle course. There is good wifi. There is cable TV in the rooms but not well placed; in our room there were no tables to use for computer work, and one can't see the TV while lying in the bed because the foot of the bed is in the way.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2016

We had an enjoyable 4 days here. Its charming if not a bit rustic like going to your grandmothers house, with low water pressure and a too soft bed. Overall this place is clean and its "Do it yourself". You bring your own food and use their kitchen (fully equipped) to cook your own dinner. Unfortunately no water or coffee maker in room so don't forget your goodies. The A/C isn't on until July, but they gave us an extra fan. Nights are cool so that worked great.

Room Tip: We had the peace and quiet room HOWEVER it is on the street side across from a club, noise late at night. Ask for a room in back.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank editorialdiner
Reviewed 27 May 2016 via mobile

Visited Idyllwild for my daughters wedding and stayed at this enchanting Inn. A home away from home, we had full use of the kitchen and other sitting areas. Warm fireplaces everywhere kept us warm and cozy. Outside temperature was pretty cold with light showers.

Every morning at 6 I woke up to fresh coffee brewing made by our warm and welcoming host Laurie. Laurie also very kindly drive me and my daughter up to a not advertised Native Indian spot. I definitely hope to visit and stay at this place again.

Stayed: May 2016