All reviewssunset roomswan lakestrawberry creekthe ownermusic roomreading glassesperfect mixdvd collectionguest loungebreakfast was excellentevery amenityeach morningwonderful placewe've stayedone night staycozy roomking bed
Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

John, the owner, is so welcoming. The B&B is in such a peaceful setting, but is still within walking distance of the main part of the town of Idyllwild with all the restaurants and shops. The room was very comfortable and clean. It had a TV, DVD player (the B&B has an amazing DVD collection along with a lot of board games), heater, A/C, and small coffee maker. In my room, the bathroom was across the hall, but it was private to my room only, which was great. The other bedrooms have their own attached bathroom. There are only five rooms so it's a great size, and very quiet. The breakfast that John prepared was delicious. Wonderful place! I'll definitely be back! Thanks John!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Courtney M
Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

We stayed for one night but wished we had stayed more. Comfortable beds, very homely, clean. Little touches that make the difference such as handy reading glasses, chocolates, binoculars, umbrellas. Even the DVD collection look impressive.

Beautiful location with a lovely host. Thanks so much John. If you love attention and the personal touch - this is the place for you. Highly recommended!!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Didem B
Reviewed 13 March 2017

My husband and I stayed here on the way home from Palm Springs. We had never been to Idylwild, so we thought we would check it out. John was very gracious and made us feel welcome. Our room was very quiet and peaceful, and the breakfast was delicious. I am very glad that we stayed here.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ErikaT1796
Reviewed 13 February 2017

Loved staying with John in the Music Room. We had a private bath and a queen bed. Everything was very clean and the breakfast John made was excellent!! Would definitely stay here again! Whithin walking distance to downtown.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2017

Wanted to usher in the New Year in a peaceful atmosphere and booked 2 nights over the holiday weekend at the Rainbow Inn. Best thing to happen to me in 2 years (ending 2016 and beginning 2017!). The Inn is such a warm and welcoming place and John, the owner/chef/host makes you feel like family the moment you arrive. Accommodations are exceptional, down to every thoughtful detail. The home-cooked gourmet breakfast both mornings was a highlight. From the cozy great room with roaring fire to the huge comfortable bed, everything was near perfection. I am a bit wary of writing this...now everyone will and should treat themselves to the Rainbow Inn and there will be no free rooms! Loved it so much that I booked the entire place for a birthday weekend in July. Thank you John for a relaxing and rejuvenating start to the year.

Room Tip: All the rooms looked nice, so choose the one that suits you best!
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo