“Good meal”

Duke's Huntington Beach
Reserve with OpenTable
Duke's Huntington Beach is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 30
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups, Bar Scene, View
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Main St.
Description: On the sand at the base of the Huntington Beach Pier, enjoy memorable dining, endless ocean views, and simpler times at Duke's restaurant and Barefoot Bar. Relax and take in the view while you enjoy the Hawaiian beach house ambiance and savor the freshest seafood and prime steaks, uniquely prepared and thoughtfully served.
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Pretty good!
Started off with the rocket salad w/o bacon, which was pretty tasty.
Next up was the entree. I was told the Sautéed Macnut & Herb crusted fish dish is the most popular, so that's what I decided on. It was prepared with the Opah fish and paired with black bean bok choy and coconut rice.

I really enjoyed the fish. It had a nice crunch, pretty flavorful, and overall I was satisfied. I enjoyed the bok choy as well.

The rice appeared green, which I was slightly taken aback. When asked, the waitress said it's prepared with bamboo extract. Interesting right? Well it was interesting ...nothing too much to write about. I didn't taste any coconut. I think it balanced out the meal some how but honestly I could've done without it.

Overall, cool spot, good food, and great staff.

I'd return to try out their other dishes that seem pretty enticing!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Right by the beach this is a great place to eat, drink and people watch. Tables available in the sun or shade, quick service and tasty fish tacos.
Obviously not as good as Duke's in Waikiki but still pretty good.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

This was our second time at Duke's in Huntington. The first time, was good, had a few hiccups, but overall it was good. So we were excited to give it another try. We were REALLY disappointed in the restaurant this time. For starters, we ordered the Hummus Trio. It was shocking small. We are a family of four, we order starters all the time. We know they are just that, starters, but.... this was unacceptable. Tiny containers of hummus, a few vegetables and flatbread accompanied the plate. We were able to try each hummus sample twice. The taste was good, but you were only afforded a small sample of each. Disappointing.

Unfortunately, dinner was no better. I ordered the Fresh Fish Chowder, it was cold. I had to send it back to be reheated. I also ordered a caesar salad. It was fine. Our oldest daughter ordered The Seven Spiced Ahi. She asked for no spice on the fish. It came as ordered but it was raw inside. We sent it back, it came back cooked, but with the Seven Spice rub on it. Ugh. Our other daughter order the Sashimi. We asked how many pieces of sashimi, so my daughter could determine if that was enough. We love sushi/sashimi, so we know what to expect in size and amount. My daughters sashimi was 7 pieces approximately 1/4 of an inch thick. The salad that it comes with, is more like a dollop, not a salad. The only dish that came out as is, and was good, was my husbands. He had the Roasted all Natural Chicken.

I think what was most upsetting, on top of the poor portion size and the issues we had with our meal, was that the waitress really didn't care. I she would have at least tried to care, we would have chalked it up to a one-off. It was such a horrible experience. We were really hoping that this time it would have been different. I guess not. This will be one restaurant that we will not go back to again.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

We fell in love with Dukes in Oahu and Maui. Loved their moonfish and of course the Hula Pie!
What a treat to find them in SoCal and directly on the beach at Huntington Beach Pier.
Great service as usual and fab food.

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

Dukes is a special spot with the most beautiful views of the Huntington pier and beach in conjunction with fantastic meals. The fish is super fresh, prepared in an assortment of ways and they truly have something for everyone. With valet service the parking is easy and the aesthetic in the restaurant is gorgeous, it always makes me feel like I'm on vacation even though I live locally. Make a reservation and ask for a table with a view/near the windows. Great spot for any celebration!