“A pleasant resting place”
other travellers have booked this property
Newly updated living area
Re-modeled kitchen with everything you need! Association owned beach, buoy and dock (buoy is a separate charge)
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
Newly updated living area
Re-modeled kitchen with everything you need!
Association owned beach, buoy and dock (buoy is a separate charge)
View down our quiet street to the lake
Upper and lower entrances
Our beautiful ceiling (the loft is closed)
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Benfleet, United Kingdom
“not up to expectations”
Reviewed 29 April 2015 for a stay in March 2015
person found this review helpful

We booked this property in April 2014 for a stay in March 2015. It was advertised (through HomeAway) as having Wi-Fi access. It did not. Upon arrival on 8th March we found the property having not been cleaned properly. The sofas had spiders and cobwebs on them, the top of the fridge was vey dirty, the waste baskets in the bedrooms had not been emptied and the coffee percolator still had coffee grounds in it, and they were mouldy!
The upstairs toilet continually ran with water from a faulty valve which had been pointed out to the owner by a previous renter (as the owner told us when we left) but nothing had been done to correct it, surprising as there is a severe water shortage in California at present.
Our first day was spent cleaning the house to a reasonable standard after which we continued our holiday. The location of the house was perfect, just a short walk from the lake and only 10 minutes drive to Tahoe City.
When booking we were asked to pay by PayPal and to add to our booking the owners PayPal fee of $75.00. Although we thought this unusual we did but we refused to pay for her fees for using PayPal to return our $500.00 deposit.
This house could be so much better if a little more care was taken over the cleaning and the updating of the linin and some of the ancient kitchen utensils.
I do not like to write a bad review but felt it necessary in this case.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: location
Liked least: cleanliness
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 65+
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
21 Mar 2017
This response is late but I wanted to let you know what has changed since your stay. First, I apologize for the condition of the house as you found it. I have started professional cleaning services after each rental to improve the quality of my guests' stays. Each year, I upgrade items in the house and continue to do that. I no longer use PayPal unless requested by the renter, and not having wifi is listed with the house description. Again, accept my apologies for the condition of the house. Sincerely, Trudy Nye
CA
Reviewed 9 September 2010 for a stay in July 2010

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
9 Sep 2010
Thank you for the nice review!

Trudy
berkeley
Reviewed 27 August 2010 for a stay in June 2010

Travelling group: Family with teenagers
Your age range 45-54
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
27 Aug 2010
Thank you, Glenn, for the nice review!

Trudy
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing