“We will be going again”

Adventure Center Skydiving, Inc
More attraction details
Owner description: Adventure Center Skydiving, Inc. offers a fun range of jumps: Tandem jumps, Accelerated Freefall Training, Experienced Jumps, Video and Picture services. It is located in Hollister, California (near Santa Cruz and Monterey). See Big Sur, the Sierra's, Monterey Bay, and San Francisco from freefall! Drop Zone.
Reviewed 20 August 2016

My son turned 18 and he and I decided to go skydiving together (I'm 46). This was a thrill of a lifetime. We both LOVED it! We will be going back and jumping again when he comes home from college next summer. It may have to become an annual tradition.

Reviewed 28 July 2016

Visited here for my first ever jump. Was an amazing experience.
But, the instructor (Ronaldo) was too pushy on buying the photo and video package right from the time i met him first till the end; even after clearing telling him that i dont need them.

On the jump front, Ronaldo was amazing, gave all clear instructions and a good landing.

And as mentioned in previous reviews, instructors just walk away and are only interested in you if they have to upsell the photo and videos.

Look out for a groupon if you plan to visit.

1  Thank MadMaTriX_blr
Reviewed 14 February 2016

I booked this for my husband for Valentine's Day. He LOVED it! He did the 8000-ft. jump, and afterward bought vouchers for us both to do the 15000-ft. jump. His instructor was JR and did a fabulous job of making my husband feel safe and comfortable, and his sense of humor was greatly appreciated.

The only negative part of the experience was that due to fog, the jump was delayed. He arrived at 10:30 but there was a backlog from the morning and so at noon he left (we live nearby). They called at 12:30 to tell him to come on back, and once he was back it was about 30 minutes before he was on the plane.

The next time we do this, it will be on a Friday or a Monday, since those days are not as busy as the weekends. But now when he watches a Mission Impossible-type movie where they jump out of planes, he'll be able to say "I know what that feels like!" And someday soon, so will I. :)

1  Thank LadyDukes11
Reviewed 5 November 2015

I must tell you that I was very excited to do sky diving after watching Hindi Movie "Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara". So, when I was in the vicinity of this place - I thought why not, let me just jump. Although I booked my slot in advance & given a particular timeslot - I had to wait like 3-4hrs before it was my turn. My instructor was a slim lady & I was doubtful if she will be able to bear my weight and ensure I have a safe experience. But I was so damn excited I did not query much on the safety procedures, first aid etc. Well the jump itself was very exhilarating - awesome. However, when it was time for the landing - for some reason I could not just bend my legs, no matter how hard I tried - I just could not, the harness was so tight - I could not move my limbs at all. Plus the instructor kept screaming it would be a hard landing :(

I did not think it will be so hard - that I had a 5inch fracture on my left leg after landing. What was more pathetic was that there was no first aid facility at all in the vicinity, not even a stretcher or something to make me comfortable. The instructor just came over, collected the sky diving things & just left w/o any courtesy.

Thankfully a couple who jumped before me were so kind to carry me to my car and a friend drove me to the hospital.

Firstly - they did not train me how to land beforehand
Secondly - I would never tandem jump with someone who is of smaller build than me
Third - CHeck the safety guidelines, first aid etc before you sign up your life
Fourth - Although we sign our life off so that the center is not held liable - the least that I can expect is to have some courtesy, make me comfortable - give me some water etc.

I was bed ridden for 4months - with physiotherapy able to walk after 8-9 months.
Don't think a sky diving experience should be this bad.
Next time - I am not trying sky diving at this center for sure!!

9  Thank Madhumathi
Reviewed 2 June 2015

Most amazing experience you can ever have! I felt safe and comfortable, the staff makes sure you understand what you have to do. It was by far the most extreme thing I've ever done.

1  Thank Jessy R