CJ Grand Spa - CLOSED
Review Highlights
I felt that they skimped on things. The table I layed on had plastic over the sheet. There were no current magazines

It is beautiful but there is much lacking. There is never very many people there. You can get a... read more

Reviewed 17 September 2012
Kari90254
Hermosa Beach, California
Spa Day Treat in Hermosa Beach

Reviewed 19 October 2011
CalifSue
california

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 January 2012

Try the body scrub. You will want to have this treatment weekly after your first time. The amenities are amazing and clean. Very good service from start to end. The best part is the co-ed part because you can take your hubby to experience the same wonderful time!

Date of experience: December 2011
2  Thank DreamyVacay
Reviewed 18 December 2011

Not for the shy as it was oriental style, showers had no curtains.
There are no robes or sandals so bring your own - they give you one yellow towel and one small orange towel, no extra towels available. No cool towels. The only water available is the dispenser with 2 oz dixie cups, they do sell water in the lobby - guess they want you to purchase water there.
No one showed me around. It was hot, they had fans blowing on the counter. Cheap. Such a beautiful spa, but cheap. Not worth the time nor money.
... they did give me in addition to my yellow and orange towel , a pink and grey tshirt and shorts??? Not an orchid in site, no ambiance; run down :(

Date of experience: December 2011
1  Thank rachell127
Reviewed 19 November 2011

I called and got an appt for a deep tissue massage at CJ. I arrived early and a surly woman told me to pay now $80 . She repeated "Deep Tissue". I walked up to the facility which was nice. The jacuzzi was covered with rusty tiles on the bottom but was clean. I tried the ice room and clay room which were both nice. There are no robes or sandals so bring your sandals! There are no cool towels or any towels other than what is given when you check in. THere is only one water dispenser and two ounce dixie cups so bring your own Nalgene . I had to go in the spa, climb down to get a sip of water, back up to the spa, back down to get a two ounce sip of water. There was no way of carrying more than three and most of the rooms are downstairs so you have to climb upstairs and across the facility everytime you need a drink. The entire time I was thinking about how I was going to get athletes foot. Well when it was time for my massage the therapist, who was very sweet, came and took me to the room and after five minutes the fire alarm went off. We continued the massage and it went off then on... this repeated the entire massage! Also I never got my deep tissue but a shiatzu massage! She didn't know how to perform a deep tissue and had no lotion to perform it if she did. I had paid for a relaxing day and a deep tissue massage but got a very unnerving experience. Since they make you pay in advance, there was nothing I could do. The woman who had let me in was surprisingly missing. Not a soul to be found.I waited and waited but she had vanished (SHOCK) so I couldn't get my money back. I wouldn't recommend this spa. Not for $5

Date of experience: November 2011
3  Thank buza831
Reviewed 19 October 2011

The spa is located right on PCH with parking in the structure. My husband and I were a bit unsure, but decided to give this a try. We have been to spas in Japan, Vegas, etc., but never in Hermosa. The spa is very new, but it was worth the $20 general admission. We were given a gym outfit and locker electronic keys to change into for the coed area. We spent time in the coed area downstairs: ice room, herb room, and salt room. We then went to our separate areas where there was a jacuzzi, steam room, sauna, and showers. We spent about 2 1/2 hours there and enjoyed it. Can't wait to go back. Tips: Not for the shy as it was oriental style (no bathing suits) and did not see any food available in the facility. Others were getting massages, etc. but we did not.

Date of experience: October 2011