Irish Rose Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Best Western Dry Creek Inn(Healdsburg)(Great Value!)
US$ 188
Hotel Healdsburg(Healdsburg)(Great Value!)
US$ 521
US$ 118
Travelocity
Honor Mansion, A Wine Country Resort(Healdsburg)(Great Value!)
US$ 402
Official Site
No availability for your dates from our partners
L & M Motel(Healdsburg)
The Duchamp Healdsburg(Healdsburg)
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 February 2012

My wife and I had a wonderful time at the Irish Rose Inn. Lanny and Chris were great hosts. Micheals room was very large and clean, the bathroom was big, and a nice view of the vineyard in the back. Got lucky and was able to taste wine with Chris and Lanny's winemaker daughter and her close friends. The location is right in the middle of Dry Creek Valley. Perfect.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 February 2012

I just spent a weekend in Sonoma, alternating wine tasting and hiking. What made it affordable and comfortable was finding a nice bed and breakfast - my friends and I (3 of us) stayed at The Irish Rose Inn, in a small cabin behind the house. There are also beds inside the main house but we liked the privacy of the cabin and being able to cook our own dinner. The hosts cooked a souffle for breakfast one day, which was delicious.
It's a quiet, pleasant and affordable place - I recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 February 2012

My husband and I love Healdsburg and the surrounding areas but used to limit ourselves to day trips because of the EXTREMELY high priced hotels and B&B's in the area. $400/night even $500/night for rooms! I know Sonoma County is special but GOOD LORD! This room was very reasonably priced and very comfortable. We suggest reserving Michael's Room it overlooks a vineyard out back and the king size bed was amazing! We also had our own thermostat which functioned very well (which I love considering it was January). Someone else reviewed that this place was cold well yah it IS an 100 year old house but I guess they didn't figure out that they had a perfectly good thermostat in their own room which is where I typically spend my time vacationing (if we are not out somewhere tasting!) The owners were very friendly and very helpful giving us a pass for a free tasting in the dry creek valley! The breakfast was just lovely! A lot of times B&B owners stretch themselves too thin and try to make all this fancy food which usually turns out sub-par or cold. No, this was fresh, hot scrambled eggs with cheese, hot sausage, homemade muffins, fruit, hot coffee, orange juice, toasted bagels and spread! We were full and happy after our 8:30 breakfast. They have a couple of farm animals hanging around their lovely property and even for January the whole residence looked nice and homey. What we look for in a B&B is a nice bed, nice bathtub (very nice), privacy and a GOOD breakfast! We got everything we wanted and more and hope we can stay there again on our next trip to wine country!

Room Tip: Michael's Room
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2012

Another reviewer aptly wrote that a visit to the Irish Rose was like staying with an aunt and uncle. That's a great comparison. The rooms are large and comfortable. We had no problems with heat or water pressure as other reviewers have. The location is outside of town but on a lovely road flanked with vineyards - really no problem if you have a car. We loved the beautiful walnut trees and sweet potbellied pig. However, the amenities that make five star B&Bs (in our opinion) just aren't here. What would have made the difference is being offered a glass of wine or the cheese & crackers (mentioned on the website) in the evenings (the family was busy watching TV when we came/went both nights), offering to help us figure out the road closures for an event one of the days we were there when we asked, offering to pack up some baked goods or have some coffee ready one morning when we had to leave at 6:30am and miss breakfast, etc. Also, our hostess wasn't overly friendly until the last 15 minutes of our visit when she asked us to write a review on TripAdvisor. She remarked that people say that they'll write reviews but then they don't - I think it's because they don't feel comfortable giving a five star review but don't want to disappoint her. I struggled with that as well.
Overall, I think this is a decent option - and a good value compared to prices of other places in the area - but if you're looking for a five star B&B experience in Healdsburg, consider other options.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank aml888
Reviewed 22 January 2012

We stayed with Chris and Lanny over the MLK weekend in Jan. 2012 for our birthdays. We stayed in Kimberly's room upstairs. The room is nice and clean. The issues we had were the following: 1) Breakfast was nothing to write home about, eggs, sausage, bagels and fruit one morning. Asked for tea and they only had one type of tea to choose from, never served anything nice such as a pastry. 2) It was cold downstairs and we discussed this with Chris who said that other guests had complained about that so she's going to buy an electric heater for the dining room, probably should of bought it sooner especially when the thermostate reads 59 degrees. 3) We were told that there would be a wine and cheese hour each evening but the first evening we arrived they brought out some cheese which we had to cut and put on crackers. They were also watching tv which made us feel like they really weren't interested in spending time with us. When we came in on the 3rd night there we arrived at six and asked about some wine and cheese and were told that they were out of wine but Lanny was able to fine some more. As far as having wine and cheese in the living room which is the area reserved for guests we could not because Chris's daughter and her girlfriend were watching tv and eating in the living room so we took our wine upstairs. (Kimberly and her girlfriend were staying in the cottage but also using the living room in the house). This was also the only time that I saw a fire in the fireplace. 4) We ran out of toilet paper and had to ask for more because the housekeeper did not restock it or empty our bathroom garbage can from the previous guest. 5) The downstairs living area has numerous cobwebs on the walls and hanging from fixtures. 6) The girls parked their cars in such a way as to make it difficult to park your own car. Chris is on the mend from a broken leg and it seems like they really aren't up to having guests right now. It's quite evident that everything is being done on the cheap right now. Chris and Lanny are very nice people but I feel like they're just not up to running a B&B right now due to her injury. It also appears to us that Kimberly and her girlfriend are taking advantage of Chris and Lanny. My recommendation to any other travelers is to stay somewhere else until Chris and Lanny can fix these problems and her leg is better so that she can do more around there. Staying here feels like you're sharing a house with someone else rather than staying at a B&B as a paying guest.

Room Tip: Either of the top floor rooms are good. Wouldn't stay in the cottage.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple