“Best for wine country expeditions”
Review of Irish Rose Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Healdsburg
Irish Rose Inn
Ranked #12 of 15 Healdsburg B&B and Inns
Loveland
“Best for wine country expeditions”
Reviewed 13 March 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at the Irish Rose Inn last weekend for the barrel tasting event in Sonoma County. The hosts Chris and her husband Lanny have a beautiful place, the peace and quiet after sundown is much appreciated.
The Inn is in the middle of the Dry Creek vineyards, convenient to all of the Healdsburg area wineries.
The room we were in, Michael's Room, is the best in the house, king bed, attached bathroom with whirlpool tub and shower, was very comfy, and a great value.
The clover shaped chocolates in the room are a nice touch.
Breakfast was also first rate, a french toast souffle I had never thought of making it that way, eggs, sausage, coffee, juice, everything I needed for a whole day of wine tasting.
I will for sure return next time I am in the area!

Room Tip: visit the website, only 4 rooms I think. 2 on top floor, one on main floor, and a cottage. I didn...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Davis, California
Reviewed 22 February 2012

My wife and I had a wonderful time at the Irish Rose Inn. Lanny and Chris were great hosts. Micheals room was very large and clean, the bathroom was big, and a nice view of the vineyard in the back. Got lucky and was able to taste wine with Chris and Lanny's winemaker daughter and her close friends. The location is right in the middle of Dry Creek Valley. Perfect.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 6 February 2012

I just spent a weekend in Sonoma, alternating wine tasting and hiking. What made it affordable and comfortable was finding a nice bed and breakfast - my friends and I (3 of us) stayed at The Irish Rose Inn, in a small cabin behind the house. There are also beds inside the main house but we liked the privacy of the cabin and being able to cook our own dinner. The hosts cooked a souffle for breakfast one day, which was delicious.
It's a quiet, pleasant and affordable place - I recommend it.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 2 February 2012

My husband and I love Healdsburg and the surrounding areas but used to limit ourselves to day trips because of the EXTREMELY high priced hotels and B&B's in the area. $400/night even $500/night for rooms! I know Sonoma County is special but GOOD LORD! This room was very reasonably priced and very comfortable. We suggest reserving Michael's Room it overlooks a vineyard out back and the king size bed was amazing! We also had our own thermostat which functioned very well (which I love considering it was January). Someone else reviewed that this place was cold well yah it IS an 100 year old house but I guess they didn't figure out that they had a perfectly good thermostat in their own room which is where I typically spend my time vacationing (if we are not out somewhere tasting!) The owners were very friendly and very helpful giving us a pass for a free tasting in the dry creek valley! The breakfast was just lovely! A lot of times B&B owners stretch themselves too thin and try to make all this fancy food which usually turns out sub-par or cold. No, this was fresh, hot scrambled eggs with cheese, hot sausage, homemade muffins, fruit, hot coffee, orange juice, toasted bagels and spread! We were full and happy after our 8:30 breakfast. They have a couple of farm animals hanging around their lovely property and even for January the whole residence looked nice and homey. What we look for in a B&B is a nice bed, nice bathtub (very nice), privacy and a GOOD breakfast! We got everything we wanted and more and hope we can stay there again on our next trip to wine country!

Room Tip: Michael's Room
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 22 January 2012

Another reviewer aptly wrote that a visit to the Irish Rose was like staying with an aunt and uncle. That's a great comparison. The rooms are large and comfortable. We had no problems with heat or water pressure as other reviewers have. The location is outside of town but on a lovely road flanked with vineyards - really no problem if you have a car. We loved the beautiful walnut trees and sweet potbellied pig. However, the amenities that make five star B&Bs (in our opinion) just aren't here. What would have made the difference is being offered a glass of wine or the cheese & crackers (mentioned on the website) in the evenings (the family was busy watching TV when we came/went both nights), offering to help us figure out the road closures for an event one of the days we were there when we asked, offering to pack up some baked goods or have some coffee ready one morning when we had to leave at 6:30am and miss breakfast, etc. Also, our hostess wasn't overly friendly until the last 15 minutes of our visit when she asked us to write a review on TripAdvisor. She remarked that people say that they'll write reviews but then they don't - I think it's because they don't feel comfortable giving a five star review but don't want to disappoint her. I struggled with that as well.
Overall, I think this is a decent option - and a good value compared to prices of other places in the area - but if you're looking for a five star B&B experience in Healdsburg, consider other options.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank aml888
Also consider these accommodations in or near Healdsburg
4.7 km away
Geyserville Inn
#1 of 1 in Geyserville
6.0 km away
Hotel Les Mars, Relais & Chateaux

Been to Irish Rose Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK