“Miracles dont happen, the impossible takes time....”

Days Inn & Suites Hayward
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Hayward
Manteca CA
“Miracles dont happen, the impossible takes time....”
Reviewed 18 September 2007

So to explain my title please read on...

I booked this hotel to stay with my wife and her son for a mini break. My wife is disabled and in a wheelchair and as a cancer survivor we were going to the Oakland Athletics Breast Cancer Awareness day.
I had booked a 2 queen suite with a whirlpool bath for the added luxury bath for my wife, it help with some of her pains. As we came in from town we checked in real quick and then hurried out to attend a function on the friday night. We got back to the hotel around midnight. That is where the problems started.
I went to the bathroom to run my wife a bath and to my horror, i could see that the bath had not been cleaned very well, if at all. There was dirt and short thick dark hairs in the tub, i am sure you can guess what they were. A call to the front desk didnt get me anywhere so taking a deep breath i opted to clean the tub myself. While i was doing this my wife then started scratching her legs and looking down we disocvered that there was FLEAS in the room. I hurriedly ran the bath and helped my wife in, only to discover that the whirlpool didnt work... As you can imagine i am really upset by this point and i made my way to the front office to have a 'word' with the manger. he told me that they knew that the jets didnt work as they had been broken for a month at least. Also that there was nothing he could do for us now and we would have to wait till the morning. We had to unfortunately sleep in that room for the night, this is nearly 2am at this point.
I was up and out at 7am and back down to the managers office where i complained long and hard, the only thing they could do was put us in to another room. however this room had only one king bed and it was not a suite. They said they would add a rollaway bed for my step son. Ok, i got the key and went to look at the room. Much smaller and not fridge which we need to keep my wifes insulin cold. i called them up from the room and asked them about this. oh well only about 10 rooms have a fridge and microwave in the hotel. Asked them if they could move the one from the other room to this one and that is when i got the comment that is my title for this review. Guy said he was up to his neck in things and that it would take time. At this point i swore and moved the damn things by myself, despite the fact i was in hospital on the thursday for an injection to my back. We are running out of time by now as we have to go to the Ballpark to take part in the events, but i just happened to check the bathroom. it still had dirty towels and washrags from the previous occupant and yep.. a dirty bathtub. In a rage i called the desk and pratically ordered them to clean it which they said they would do and it would be done by the time we got back. At this point i called Days inn customer service and complained to them. obviously this hotel has no idea what the word 'HYGIENE' is and then the lack of help was infuriating.
I guess they notify the hotel immediately because as we were pulling down the drive we got an earful of attitude from the manager who was not happy we had complained.
We came back to the hotel around 6pm, 8 hours after we left. i walked into the room, opened the bathroom door...Still not cleaned. i talked with the maids who were just leaving and they said they were not told to clean it. Seems the management got their own back on us for complaining to corporate by not cleaning our room. Really p***** off i went back to the front desk and had it out with the manger. we would rather have just left, however he would not refund our money. We had prepaid when i checked in and he said 'we had sleep here last night, no refund.' His english isnt the best.... He then accosted the maids and told them off for not doing the room. He frightened them badly and they scuttled away to drag their stuff out. He then blamed the fact that the room wasnt cleaned on communication problems,'They dont speak english' Actually one spoke passable english and the other spanish of which the manager didnt but i do. This deflated him a bit when i told him and i left. After the room was clean i had to go back to the front desk at which point he started trying to pressure me into withdrawing the complaint from the corporate office. i had to tell him i would think about it just to get him to shut up.

I would not recommend my enemies to stay at this hotel, no one deserves the poor customer serice that this hotel provides. a motel 6 would be better. I filed a second complaint when i got home with corporate and to their credit they do seem to take my concerns seriously... however i will see what develops.

• Liked — The only thing it had going for it was free WiFi
  • Disliked — The Manger, The Rooms, the Filth....
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Robins_sweetie
Genna P, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Hayward, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Thank your for your review.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Los Angeles
Reviewed 6 May 2007

This hotel is a great deal and conveniently located. The free wireless internet access was great too. However, the walls were too thin, and I could here the people in the rooms next to me talking at night.

• Stayed April 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank MusicDirector25
Thank your for your review.