“SF.Dept Of Health Inspector”

Days Inn & Suites Hayward
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Hayward
San Francisco, California
“SF.Dept Of Health Inspector”
Reviewed 12 July 2011

Part #1 of this review, just found this place on line. and it sounds good, so myself and a friend plan to stay and check it out for our selves, but I am very curious,since the reviews were not good at all.... but I do plan to do a follow up.... If it is true what I have read in the reviews, ????it is so sad, because I can promise you that this Days Inn & Suites will be history..... My stay will be the 4th week in July..... Stay tuned.....???????? T.W & Thomas

Room Tip: Room Inspection in JULY.....
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Genna P, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Hayward, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Hotel has constant Pest Control Company inspecting hotel. Apologize your stay was unpleasant.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
FV
Reviewed 14 August 2009

This place is NOT WORTH the so called "cheaper price". There's many holes in the blankets and there are disgusting stains all over the towels! The walls aren't even completely painted, it's ridiculous. I even found an ant on our mini fridge. Please do yourself a favor and STAY AWAY.

• Stayed August 2009
3 Thank xkawaiiang3lzx
Thank you for addressing your concerns

Travellers are raving about these Hayward hotels

King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 July 2009

I was traveling on business in the Sacramento area and wanted to take a few days to myself to see San Francisco. I searched and searched checking out different hotels in the area for a few days before deciding to book my reservation here.

One of the main reasons I chose to stay here was because of the jacuzzi suites. Maybe my expectations were too high but I was very disappointed when I arrived to find out the jacuzzi was not exactly what I had in mind. In the bathroom was a tiny tub barely big enough for one person that had jets in it. I've stayed in many hotels and never in my time seen a jacuzzi such as this.

The room itself was very nice. It was big and had two couches and a bed. It had a little kitchen area off to the side with a fridge and microwave. Other than the disappointment with the jacuzzi the room itself was great.

The hotel itself was located in Hayward which was about a half hour drive to San Francisco without any traffic. The location of the hotel is in a bad area. I did not feel safe at any point when I was outside of the hotel. There is a pizza place next door and when I went to pick up my order I felt very uneasy. If my boyfriend were not with me there was no way I would have ever walked any further than to my car alone. I can't stress enough how unsafe this area is.

Check out is at 11:00 and at exactly 11 we received a phone call to make sure we were leaving. We told them we were getting our stuff together and would be out in a couple minutes. Within ten minutes we had received three phone calls telling us to leave. As we were leaving two women who work at the hotel were knocking on doors to make the people leave that weren't staying for another day. One of the customers a couple doors down from us wasn't ready to leave and the lady working caused a huge scene yelling at the person and pounding on doors then went to call the cops.

If I ever return to the San Francisco area I will not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank hfsaudarg
Thank your for your review.
Atlanta area
Reviewed 21 July 2008

Reasonable price for the Bay Area, especially with continental breakfast. Clean. Stayed 3 nights. Comfortable beds (I have back problems, so I really notice this.) A busy steet, but rooms are not on the street. Not a street to walk around in at night, but you don't need to with a car, and you don't need to park on the street.

• Liked — price, Bay Area location
  • Disliked — no pool
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank AtlantaareaStorylady
Thank your for your review.
manteca ca
Reviewed 18 September 2007

Booked for 2 Q Suite. Whirlpool,Fridge,Micro. Checked in late afternoon, dumped belongings in room, went out to our Function. Got back appx.,10:30 PM. Went in to use Whirlpool, Tub was FILTHYYYY, Black Hair ALL OVER THE TUB ! ! ! My Son Cleaned it for me, as I am Disabled and can't do certain things. Then, NO PLUG for the tub, had to use washcloth to plug drain. Finally, I get to get in the whirlpool and relax. WHIRLPOOL JETS DO NOT WORK ! ! ! Not to mention that I found a FLEA crawling on my right leg, which BIT me before I had a chance to kill it. So my Husband goes to Front Desk to make Complaint, and was told there was NOTHING that could be done this late in the evening, he doesn't understand why we were booked in that room advertising it as a Whirlpool because it has been broken for about a MONTH. Talk to the Manager in the Morning, he'll be in at 8AM. As for the Flea, they DON'T rent to Pets, so it couldn't have been a Flea. Well duh, do you really think maybe someone snuck in a pet?? or is that not feasable???
Sat. Morning 8 AM, we go to Office :
talk to Manager who is of NO HELP, says if we would like to check out he will refund our money,
my Husband says and the fees for the Non Working Whirlpool???
Manager says, You stayed so you pay.
My Huband then says that with the fact there are Various Functions Occuring in the area this weekend it would be Virtually Imposible to find a room at this point. The Manager then says "Oh Well" Your choice. We can maybe place you in another room for tonight, so ok that's fair enough.
We are given the key to move our belongings, Well the Jets in the Tub work, however this bathroom is also dirty, with used wash cloths slung up and over the shower rail and again Black Hair ALL Over The Place And NO MICRO, FRIDGE. Mind you I need the Fridge to keep Diabertic Meds Refrigerated which has been a Topic Several Times with the Manager. Husband askes for the Fridge, Micro, and Roll Out Bed for My Son to be moved into the new room. He is told they are up to their necks in business right now it will have to wait. It is now 10AM.
It CAN'T WAIT, We have a FUNCTION we HAVE TO BE AT BY 11AM and now need to leave. So my Husband calls the Corporate Number to file a complaint. After being told they would have to contact the Property he figures things may get better. Finally after about 10 minutes and now late leaving, my Husband and Son move the Fridge and Micro. As we are leaving we see the guy from the night before,we slow down to tell him we had moved these items by this time the Corporate Office has Contacted them and we were told, "You didn't have to file a Complaint, we would have moved things for you in time". We said we didn't have any more time as we had already waited
2+ hours and needed to go, then drove off. Returning after 7 hours we find the Bathroom to still be dirty, at this point I am now TIRED of the CRAP, taking the bag liner from the ice bucket I used it to pick the Dirty Wash Cloths from the shower rail, took them to the Front Desk, handed them to the woman behind the desk and told her I did NOT require the use of Dirty Washcloths. As we were walking back to our room we pass the Manager, who insued conversation with us as to what's the problem NOW, Husband explains Bathroom problem, Manager says not my problem you should have checked out this morning, husband says and the fees for last night's stay would not be refunded, Manager says Nope they wouldn't have been, Husband says well now you can come Clean the Bathroom yourselves, my Step Son ain't doing it neither are we.This apparently sparked action, as the Cleaning Ladies (2) were blamed for not cleaning it, however they did NOT have it on their List. This went back and forth between the Manger and Husband for appx. 1/2 hour, finally another Call to Corp., who by now says they are already under scrtiny and looked at concerning their Public Contact Ways, and after we actually check out call them back, as they would just have to notify the Property again when the next Complaint is filed, they would prefer to NOT give them cause to treat us even more poorly.
When my Husband went to turn in the key and check us out he is told by Manager that they will continue to rent out the NON working Whirlpool, however it will NOT be advertised as a Whirlpool Room.
We have been told by the Corp. Office they were Surprised that we had NOT called them and asked for a refund. As we had asked the Manager and were flatly told NO we figured why raise it with Corp.? So the guy there is looking into that for us as well.
You know, we had stayed in the same Hotel about 2-3 years ago and it was the Bomb as far as Friendliness, Accomadations, etc., so we figured this time Why Not? Apparently they have changed over People since then or something, cause the experience this time was so on the opposite end of the scale.
So with all that to say I would end by saying, I wil Personally NOT be staying here in the Future. They would have to make a LOT of BIG Changes for me to do so. Starting with Removing the Manger they Presently have.
It has also made me Now Fear ANY Hotel/Motel I stay in, in the future. Before I put up Money and or Credit Card I want to be Escorted to the Room They are Planning to Rent to Us, Almost like doing a Walk Through when you rent an Apt./House., that's what I am feeling at this point in time. Make sure the Mgmt. and Yourself see the Problems (if there should be any) Together, it would solve many problems between Mgmt. and Guests. Hey, that could be a Good Selling Point for some Hotel Chain, Hire People to Escort You To Your Room, or was that already done back in the days, called something like "Bellhop" ??? well I suppose things and times do have to change, too bad the Good things change as well.
Make your own decision, this is just my experience with this Property.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank TravlinSoul
Thank you for your review.