“Good eats for meat lovers!”

Emil Villa's Hickory Pit
Ranked #12 of 310 Restaurants in Hayward
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

We spent a week in Hayward Hampton. Each day we ate different meals. My family's favorites are Turkey Sandwiches, Yummy Meat soup, burgers, & especially the Baby Back Ribs smothered in their famous bbq red sauce! Delicious doesn't even describe the satisfaction we had from eating there! After a long hard day, check out their mouth watering meats. After our week stay, we will definitely go back & enjoy their kind service & delicious food!

2  Thank V4978EBroba
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 9 April 2017

Great BBQ and their coleslaw and other accouterments are good too--biggest serving of coleslaw I've ever had. Ambiance is tired, seems like they haven't upgraded the decor for a few decades. Service excellent on my most recent visit, and prices are in line.

Reviewed 9 March 2017

I was staying in Hayward the night before flying home from San Francisco and this place was within walking distance of my hotel. It was late and there were only a couple of other diners so it seemed quite quiet inside, but there was still a nice diner-type atmosphere and the server was welcoming and friendly. There were lots of BBQ options on the menu but I really wanted a steak and ordered the 16 oz NY strip with baked potato (plus beans and a dinner roll). The chicken noodle soup appetizer was very good but the steak was truly awful – fatty, small and medium-well instead of medium-rare as ordered; one of the worst I’ve had in the US. It turns out I’d been given a 10 oz instead of 16 oz but the biggest issue was the poor quality. No beer served either so I had a soda. The check, even with a modest tip, came to $28, which seemed very overpriced.

Reviewed 2 March 2017

Comfortable at the counter for one. Or take the family and sit in a booth. The service is excellent at either place.

Reviewed 4 January 2017

Great BBQ and the usual accouterments such as coleslaw and beans, though we don't go often due to the lack of vegetables.