“A refreshing suprise”

Famous Dave's
Ranked #29 of 334 Restaurants in Hayward
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 6 February 2017

I was invited to lunch at Famous Dave's and went with trepidation. I've watched this BBQ master on TV with his gregarious attitude and comfortable familiarity with smoke, but I was not sure his apparent expertise in BBQ could be translated to a chain restaurant. Well, I was more than pleasantly surprised. Although the general appearance of the actual restaurant was kind of mediocre, the service was fast and friendly -- and the food was fabulous! Really succulent ribs, chicken, links, brisket, and pulled pork. There were 4 in our party, so we got to sample a lot of food since everyone ordered a combo plate. Even the beans and corn bread muffin were tasty. I fell in love with the sweet and sassy BBQ sauce and slathered it on everything, including the corn on the cob. While I probably would not go there to dine-in on a regular basis, if I lived in Hayward, I would be there every weekend to pick up take-out and enjoy a finger lickin' good time at home. As it is, I will make the trip down there at least one or twice a month to fix a BBQ jones.

Reviewed 8 January 2017

Excellent BBQ and comfortable atmosphere. Watch a game or just enjoy the food with friends. It may be a chain, but still really good food. We tried the ribs and pulled pork and loved them both. Friendly and attentive service. Would definitely come back when we are in the area.

Reviewed 3 December 2016 via mobile

Just finished a fabulous meal at Famous Dave's. The service was friendly and fast, even for a Friday night. The burnt ends and rib platter is more than enough for a hearty meal, especially when you add the two sides and corn bread. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 9 November 2016 via mobile

The wife and I had the barbecue for two. The place was very busy and took about 40 minutes to get the food. The waitress apoligized for the wait and brought over an appetizer on the house. When the food arrived it did not dissapoint. The ribs,chicken and sliced brisket were delicious. The Cole slaw and corn on the cob were good, just a little watery. Overall, we enjoyed the meal very much and the waitress was a joy. By the way, we ate leftovers for another whole meal.

Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

Who the hell hires your waiters?? Some of the rudest, forgetful, incompetent people in this world. Gave you guys multiple attempts in redeeming recent bad service but sorry can't eat here anymore. The food is good, the location is convenient, and the waiters are just HORRIBLE! Food comes out 5 minutes apart? No thank you's or any type of common courtesy??? Feel like we're pissing you guys off when we go in there. Really want to make this my go to place but if you ever seen Pop Copy from The Chappelle Show???? Exactly!!!(if you don't?google it and you'll see what happen to me)

Been to Famous Dave's? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK