All reviews cinnamon rolls pancake machine free breakfast express breakfast would stay here again free parking across the street business center los angeles yogurt short stay an early flight other hotels close to the hotel locked parking hawthorne blvd parking structure
Reviewed 24 March 2018

Everything in the area appears to be unsafe. Crime appears to be a problem. The parking lot is gated with a lot of signs warnings of theft and personal security. Went to a Ralph's grocery store down the street and there, too, you have to go through a lot of security measures. Emergency sirens throughout the night. Loud banging music until the early morning hours. Prior guest's used Q-tip was against the wall, below the bathroom sink. Yuck. $165 for a restless night.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank NeilRocks
Chc H, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Dear NeilRocks,

I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property. In addition, please know that your comments and issues will be addressed. It is our hope that you give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

We were here just for a stop over. Room was clean, quite, and the place small breakfast was stocked. You could tell it had been recently updated, so it’s being maintained. I’ve heard others call this place a rip off. It was far cheaper than many of the other options.

Date of stay: March 2018
1  Thank lyle7692

Dear Iyle7692,

Thanks for sharing such great comments with us. It makes us happy that your chose our hotel . We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Holiday Inn express hotels have a huge advantage: they are consistent..... or boring ... it depends on your perspective. Car parking free in a parking structure shared with 2 nearby hotel. Two "small" issues during this stay:
1. The second day it noticed that one of the towels on the towel rack was damp --- either it was the one I used the night before --- and that OK, but why folding it in the same way as a new towel potentially me grabbing an other towel and then the one in questions not being washed for the next guest .... sorry that is bad.
2. Small 2-3mm (1/8") big ants crawling in the bathroom

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank willyf7
Chc H, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2018

Dear Guest,

I sincerely apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. We appreciate and value your feedback as it assists us in improving our service and property. Please know that your comments and issues will be addressed. It is our hope that you give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience you faced during your stay.

Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

Delayed flights put me in LAX at 11:50 pm called hotel 3 times and finally got the shuttle to arrive after I Waited 1.25 hrs.....exhausted when I arrive, very confusing set up with 4 hotels in a quad covering 1 block.
Desk then tells me I have to wait 10 min while the computer is down before I can ck in. Then in room AC is full blast and 50*F..... thermostat will not adjust or shut off... I had to pull the elec plug of AC out of the wall to shut it off.... finally got to bed at 1:45am... slept just a few hrs and checked out by 8:30 am. That all cost me $244.00 !!!
Horrible cust service, crappy part of town, low value, Rip off prices!!!
Never again!!!!

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank 808MGK
Chc H, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2018

Dear Mitch k,

Thank you for your review. Please allow me to express my deepest apologies for the inconveniences that you experienced due to shuttle situation and room AC condition I understand your frustration as we failed to provide you with the degree of service you expected from our Hotel.
The issues that you have mentioned are being investigated thoroughly and addressed to the concerned Department Head. We appreciate your feedback as this helps us understand the areas we need to strive for improvement upon.
Once again I sincerely apologize and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Reviewed 18 February 2018

Had a decent experience here. Not quite up to par with the nicer HIX I have stayed in but it was fine for a night's stay. The area was pretty lame but didn't seem unsafe or anything. Worked out well for my needs - affordable and a super convenient drive to LAX the next morning.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Chc H, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Dear Will G,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad to hear that our hotel location was convenient for your needs.
We hope to see you next time you are visiting the city of Los Angeles.

Sales Representative,