All reviews free breakfast state beach yogurt along highway allow dogs would stay here again room was clean and comfortable hard boiled eggs we've stayed stayed for one night coast microwave
Reviewed 4 October 2018

The cheapest motel there. Good location right along the highway. You can't miss it. It's a little older, not the Ritz. If you need to save money this the one. We didn't actually stay because we brought our dog.

Stayed: August 2018
Reviewed 26 September 2018

Not a lot of choices on this section of the coastline so have staid here 2 times. It is a reasonable and pretty drive from Stanford, where I and my husband and our pet dog travel frequently. While they advertise a "pet area" and charge both $20 extra for a "pet room" as well as a $35 per dog PER Night fee, their dog area is close to the coast highway and is not fenced! Breakfast was minimal (they advertise this as an English Breakfast which it is not!...had much better options in England) and coffee is blah, but there are several terrific bakery type restaurants in the nearby village with fabulous breakfasts and it is convenient to Sam's Chowder House where we we get the best Lobster rolls on the West Coast. The air onditioner worked OK and was mid-range in terms of noise...was not bothered by highway noise (I am a light sleeper) as others have mentioned. Room (same one both times) was clean and fairly well maintained, but we have recently opted to stay inland and simply drive over for dinner as the "double" charge for a pet is, in my opinion, absurd...never experienced this anywhere else and I have traveled across most of the USA with a dog or two.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

Don’t stay here. We chose this as a “pet friendly “ hotel in Half Moon Bay. The rate for a pet friendly room was $20 extra. I could accept that. At check out they added $35 pet fee. I protested. It had not been mentioned or posted on booking.com or at check in. The unfriendly hotel clerk said nothing she could do. I would have to call booking.com. The room they gave us was noisy. Right next to Housekeeping. The maids show up at 6:00 am and the laundry starts and goes until 10:00 pm. The hotel was less than half full. Not worth the price. And a hidden pet fee is NOT pet friendly!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

The Coastside Inn is a total waste of money. The service was terrible. We asked to change rooms and they said we couldn’t because people that were coming in were staying longer. A king room is a king room. When I walked into the office and said the bed was the hardest and worst bed we have ever slept on, I was met with a blank stare then started to receive attitude. Asked for a manager who was in a meeting and never received a call from as requested. This place is definitely not worth any amount of money. Old and outdated.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

This place was a disaster with the most unhelpful, unfriendly staff. The bed is truly the hardest bed we've ever slept on. The hotel is on the highway so the noise is constant. Rooms are small, smell old, dated but clean. For the cost I'd look elsewhere for sure.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank sarahtP7832MA
General M, Front Office Manager at Coastside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Thank you for your review and that our rooms are clean. Beds & rooms are brand new. With beautiful renovated
amenities. Yes, just off scenic Pacific Coast Highway, but very peaceful after sunset.