“Quality ingredients make for a quality product”
Review of Garden Deli Cafe

Garden Deli Cafe
Ranked #17 of 105 Restaurants in Half Moon Bay
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 22 May 2017

Exceptional little deli done right! Great bread (walnut/olive - wish I had bought a full loaf), great meat, great cheese, great toppings. Everything fresh and homemade. Enjoyed the potato and macaroni salad. Healthy drink options. The shop may be small but they have set it up to be effective and efficient - grab your drinks/sides/desserts and let them concentrate on building your sandwich! You many also find this listed as The San Benito Deli. They also have soup for those chilly days.
I will say I was just a little disappointed with the cookie and brownie we got for dessert - I think they may be going for a healthier version - ie: they're using something other than butter. While not generally opposed to healthier versions of baked goods - I was on vacation and expecting something decadent. If I lived here, I'd be happy they were looking out for my health.
We took our sandwiches over to the beach for a picnic but the patio looked lovely.
The prices were appropriate for the portion size.

Date of visit: May 2017

Reviewed 16 May 2017 via mobile

We were looking for somewhere to have lunch on the way to Carmel-on-Sea and stumbled upon this sandwich shop.

Very impressed how fresh everything is, sandwiches are made to order and are packed full of filling.

The snacks and drinks are also natural, there's fresh potato salad and pasta sides, homemade cookies and brownies too.

Vegetarian fillings are available and are thought about properly.

You can sit outside on the decking and look over the lovely garden whilst you eat your sandwich!

I would very much recommend this place, only reason I haven't rated higher is that the price is a little steep when you buy and drink and snack too! If there was a meal deal option that would be amazing!

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 24 March 2017

I don't typically eat sandwiches but this places draws me every time I am in Downtown HMB. Get the homemade walnut olive bread! Nice outdoor space for eating.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 20 October 2016

Went there as a brief stop for lunch en route to San Francisco. Found it to serve extremely tasty sandwiches with homemade bread and fresh ingredients! Lovely area to sit outside and is extremely close to Route 1. Very good value for money and extremely filling. Located in a very nice town with lovely shops.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 7 August 2016

The sandwiches, made with homemade bread , are fantastic! Add a bag of chips and a bottle of tea for a really great lunch. Outside the patio tables are a perfect place to enjoy your lunch break. The acoustic guitarist is a nice touch!

Date of visit: August 2016