Lowest prices for your stay
₹1,16,972
Hotels.com
Priceline
2,680 results
All reviews fire pit the ritz club level golf course indoor pool guest house valet parking resort fee tennis courts coastal view room beautiful property navio restaurant the cliff main building special occasion breathtaking views overlooking the ocean
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 July 2019

I have never ever experienced something like that. Above all, this has happened in a Ritz Carlton Hotel !!!!

They overcharged us by over US$ 800 and I have to fight to get my money back.

The mistake was clearly done by Ritz Carlton ! They know that.

If you stay there PLEASE CHECK YOUR BILL !!

The hotel is only surviving because of his location. That's the only upside they have.

Everything else is a disaster. I have stayed there with my family and I deeply regret it. We had lunch outside and dinner in the Navio Restaurant.

Lunch was nothing special, expensive but honestly average. We wanted to have normal wine glasses and not those water-glasses for a nice bottle of Chardonnay....trust me that was a fight. Service is very slow and you need to be patience.

Dinner in the Navio was ok. Not more and not less. It's just food and they don't go for the extra mile. They know that you have no other choices in the area hence they don't really care. Prices are in the upper end and the wine list expensive.

The rooms are very dated and the pool is a complete joke for a five star hotel. It looks like some old ran down pool in the middle of nowhere.........definitely not five star.......

Overall I can't recommend that Hotel at all especially when they overcharge you. I never had to fight back for my money until today.

So much for a Ritz Carlton Hotel...........

• Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Andre042
TeamMarriott, The Ladies and Gentlemen of The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay at The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2019

Dear Andre042,

First and foremost, we want to thank you for your loyalty to our hotels. We sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations. We are known for our exceptional service and attention to detail, and we regret this was not your experience. Please accept our sincere apologies for the billing issues that you experienced. We assure you that this was not deliberate and we ask that you please allow us some time to look into this further to determine what went wrong. We will be in touch with you if we need additional information. In the meantime, your comments will be shared with our Ladies and Gentlemen to ensure a similar mistake is not repeated in the future. It was our pleasure hosting you, and we hope we will have another opportunity to better serve you should your travels bring you back to our area

Reviewed 26 July 2019

I never write reviews, but I need to take the time to thank the staff here.

I came in with a very large group, and the staff here was incredible!!!! There are so many members of the ritz team that went above and beyond for us. Wynne was our main point of contact for our event and she was amazing. She literally helped us around the clock, and even came in on her days off to make sure we were taken care of. She even delivered personal notes with gifts to our room every night. She was just so genuine and was so flexible about any change we thew her way.

Some others that I feel need mentioning:
Lonnie and Sandra. Lonnie waited on us around the clock making sure we got everything we needed and quickly.

Sandra is at the concierge desk and she was on top of everything. From getting us private car service in literally minutes, to booking last minute reservations... I can't thank her enough.

These people among SOOO many others just made me feel so welcomed. I am so thankful for the week I just had at the ritz half moon bay,

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank meaganrichards
TeamMarriott, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2019

Dear meaganrichards,

Thank you for the flattering words and choosing The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay for your recent business visit to the city. Our thoughtful Ladies and Gentlemen make it their mission to build strong relationships through personal connections with our guests. We will enjoy recognizing Wynne, Lonnie, and Sandra, as well as others who helped to make a difference in your stay. Thank you and your group for allowing us the opportunity to provide you with a memorable stay. We look forward to your return and will enjoy making us your home away from home when visiting the city once more.

Reviewed 24 July 2019 via mobile

We visited the RC HMB this weekend....stunning cliff side property - like all RC I’ve been too the property was immaculate, both public spaces and guest rooms.
You feel like you’re in Scotland or Ireland when you wake up early to walk or sit by your own fire pit - spend extra to get one- it was worth it!

Our visit was enhanced with RC Club access- the variety of food presentations -5 per day!!- left us satisfied and planning our next visit to the lounge ! And the view ! See pic of view from lounge overlooking the coastline.

What made our trip truly superlative was the staff - in particular, Daniela in the Club is a gem who is not only professional and thoughtful but also kind and warm with her guests. She always had a smile and a kind word- really epitomized what hospitality is supposed to be ! Thanks Daniela!

As they say at the RC- “the ladies and gentlemen of the RC welcome you...”. We felt welcome, relaxed and pampered - thank you !
We can’t wait to go back !

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Badgerhound
TeamMarriott, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2019

Dear Badgerhound,

Thank you for your review regarding your stay at The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay. It is a pleasure to know we were able to exceed your expectations. We strive to ensure every guest has a meaningful and relaxing stay, and we will enjoy sharing your compliments with our Ladies and Gentlemen, especially Daniela. Moreover, we are also glad you loved our breathtaking ocean views, beautiful property, and graciously appointed rooms, which are inspired by the Northern Californian coast, meant to relax and rejuvenate you. Thank you again for your feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 23 July 2019 via mobile

The hotel is beautifully located. The views from the restaurant are really nice, not only because of the ocean but also because the golf course! And we also enjoyed a fantastic brunch on Saturday! Highly recommendable! We'll go back again!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank ruth17604
TeamMarriott, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2019

Dear ruth17604,

Thank you for taking the time to share that your stay at The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay was perfect in every way. Perched on a bluff above the Pacific Ocean, our resort offers our guests a secluded setting with convenience to San Francisco and other Bay area attractions. It was a pleasure reading how much you loved our breathtaking ocean views and outstanding location as well as our quality food and golf course. Thank you once more for the kind recommendation and the gracious rating. We enjoyed being a part of your memorable visit, and we look forward to accommodating you again.

Reviewed 23 July 2019 via mobile

First off, let me say that we don’t often stay at properties like Ritz Carlton, typically I find them overpriced and annoying. I feel I can get the same level of service and amenities for half the price at similarly situated properties in the Hilton or Marriott portfolio. But since I had some Marriott points stashed up I decided to use them here for the last night of our weeklong family vacation to Northern California. I was not disappointed

We were able to secure a room with a ground-level fireplace, which I would absolutely recommend. This did cost money on top of my points but I thought it was well worth while. We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner on the ocean terrace with king crab legs and champagne. The sunset with Bagpipe player was phenomenal as well. Every staff member was excellent especially the young man at the front desk who gave us a very warm welcome, and a glass of their house red wine which was excellent. Also a nice plus is that the spa facilities are included in the resort fee. but above all else, sunset over the rugged cliffs is just amazing!

I couldn’t see myself staying for more than a few nights, especially if the prices they charge, but would definitely return as the location is excellent and reasonably close to SFO, and serves well as a first or last stop on a California trip

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank FLguy22
TeamMarriott, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2019

Dear FLguy22,

It was a pleasure welcoming you and your family to The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay. Thank you for the generous remarks about our rooms, which are inspired by the Northern Californian coast, meant to relax and rejuvenate you, all while our Ladies and Gentlemen seamlessly take care of all the details. We are also happy you loved the breathtaking sunset, our quality food, and outstanding location close to the San Francisco International Airport, and so much more. Thank you once more for the perfect rating, and we gladly look forward to hosting you and your family again in the future.