“The most amazing crab cakes eggs benedict”
Review of 3-Zero Cafe

3-Zero Cafe
Ranked #2 of 104 Restaurants in Half Moon Bay
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 30 December 2016

I was told by a friend that if I was going to Palo Alto, I must take the drive to 3-Zero Cafe in Half Moon Bay..
I am so glad that I did. The food was fantastic, the service was great and the owner took the time to walk around and talk to people. Bit of a line up but well worth the wait.
I would highly recommend this place/
Charlene

Reviewed 26 November 2016

We visited on a mid-morning on a weekday. On the good side, the breakfast was very very good & sizeable. The servers were very friendly. However, the wait between for our order after placed was at least 20 minutes. The restaurant was only moderately busy. A very low key environment, however we were not impressed with the cleanliness (e.g., coffee stains on the walls, having to frequently fan away flies). Probably a great place for locals to grab a relaxed place for breakfast, but quite disappointing given the high rating seen on Trip Advisor.

1  Thank enso-circle
Reviewed 20 November 2016 via mobile

Good breakfasts; fair prices, decent service. Fun airplane decor. Good outdoor area right on the airport. Lunch menu good as well.

Reviewed 17 November 2016 via mobile

Nice enough place. Decent food, good portions. Nothing that will blow your socks off but satisfying. Sometimes long waits are coupled with slow service but not the worst I've been exposed to. Staff is polite.

Reviewed 12 November 2016

The first thing I noticed was all of the airplane memorabilia hanging in literally ever possible space throughout the cafe. That alone is worth the price of admission - once.

Note this is also called the 30 cafe in some reviews. I imagine its called the 3 xero becasue of the alignment of the runway - but who knows.

We went there primarily because of the overwhelmingly positive reviews, and it was also the only game in town in that small stretch of the highway. A little further south the Mavericks hoards were eating anything that wasn't nailed down, and using up every available piece of rea lestate to park campers, surf rigs etc.

The food is an interesting selection of possibilities- ie smoked pork benedict, regular benedict and eggs and spinach benedict some might call florentine- but the don't- etc pancakes, omelets and the gamut of breakfast fare.

THis is a place a lot of locals hang out - the local coffee shop and diner.

The second thing i noticed after the plane models and pictures galore was that the place was buzzing from flys all over the place. They need beter pest control. I don't mind a fly or two outdoors, but indoors its a no no in any eating establishment.

We had a couple of arnold palmers and some benedicts of differing flavors. At best the benedicts were ok - IE you might expect toasted english muffins with goodies on them- but these werre just warmed through english muffins. The smoked pork was ok and the poached eggs were perfectly done. Even the hollandaise sauce was godo - yet the dozen or so flies chasing our food around was off putting.

The oddest thing was that the arnold palmers tasted more like iodine water than anything that ever had a lemon in it. I can only assume this is because canned products were used for the lemonade ( i have had several commercial lemonades that taste this bad ) At any rate the server said it tasted fine to him. I gave them back and had to remind them not to charge for them .

Another factor is noise. This place has one hellacious noise level because it is small and has all hard surfaces. The people at the next table were in the building trades and were literally yelling about dry wall installations just to be able to be heard amongst themselves.

The waitress showed up exactly once and when we didn't know what we wanted ( becasue we had just sat down) she took off and we never saw her again. We had to flag down one of the other people who served us.

The restrooms were fairly clean- and again every wall and surface plastered with airplane stuff - you would think they were next to an airport or something ( haha - they are in the half moon bay airport)

If you are a local i imagine you will after time find out which dishes are their best- I saw a lot of pancakes and omelets being served, not too many benedicts. THis is also a great local spot for meeting- and greeting- there isn't much else around.

However by and large this is an average diner in a great spot on the highway, serving average food in a decent way. Not to be sought out , nor to be ignored. I would stop here again and try some other food just to be sure.

At 10:30 in the morning on a Friday they still had a waiting line to get in - so I am sure there are better breakfasts available than what we had.

Finally it is one the western side of highway 1. IF you stop there on a weekend - make sure you don't want to get back on the highway going north- you will be waiting a long time to cross traffic.