US$ 451
US$ 380
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 448/night.

US$ 182
  • Breakfast included
US$ 190
Comfort Inn Half Moon Bay(Half Moon Bay)(Great Value!)
US$ 223
US$ 170
Coastside Inn(Half Moon Bay)
US$ 189
Harbor View Inn(Half Moon Bay)
US$ 242
US$ 205
Mill Rose Inn(Half Moon Bay)
US$ 465
Half Moon Bay Lodge(Half Moon Bay)(Great Value!)
US$ 278
US$ 270
Priceline
Beach House at Half Moon Bay(Half Moon Bay)(Great Value!)
US$ 377
TripAdvisor
US$ 1,081
US$ 1,047
RitzCarlton.com
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 December 2017

We stayed at the hotel a few years back. They maintained the bordello effect quite well and one can imagine the wild west years. This time we focused on the sandwich shop - where we ended up eating at three times during the 10 days we were in the area. The perfect weather for sitting out on their expansive patio was beneficial too. And they had an excellent guitar player adding to the soothing atmosphere. The long lines are worth the wait - which really wasn't that long. It gave one the time to view the sandwich choices - and practice the rhetoric of ordering. Half or whole sandwich, condiments wanted or not wanted, This is a classic place where one is happy it doesn't change over the years.

Stayed: October 2017
Reviewed 29 October 2017

We stayed here when we went to the Pumpkin Festival in Half Moon Bay. It's old and charming, but there are some serious issues. They do not have a front desk! You get a text with a code, this code is how you unlock your door. The rooms are clean, and have plenty of towels, nice in general. Not all the rooms have their own bathrooms, we had a room with a bathroom so I don't know what those rooms are like. Unfortunately our room had a tub, and a shower hose, but no shower curtain or rod to hang the shower hose from. Also, no stopper for the tub! So taking a shower was NOT a delight! I had water and shampoo suds all over the floor and walls when I finished showering. They have internet, but we didn't get the code for that, and when I called the phone number we had it just rang, because there is no front desk and the call went to the bar, which was closed. The rooms do not have phones or TVs, but their website states that.

Everyone was really nice and helpful, but this really isn't a hotel in the traditional sense, it's more of a hostel. If that's not appealing to you then this is not the place for you.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Julie M
Reviewed 21 June 2017

Our son, daughter-in-law and granddaughter live in Half Moon Bay. We were lucky to have just spent a month there. San Benito House is a five minute stroll from the house we rented. An interesting house (rooms for rent upstairs, a pub, and a deli). The deli whips up fantastic sandwiches and you brown bag it outside to comfortable tables scattered around under trees. There's a garden area at the back, and at the front just off the street, there is usually some local musician entertaining diners.

Room Tip: We didn't stay here, just went for lunch several times during our stay. The olive walnut bread with egg salad was the favourite!
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank getgoingCanada
Reviewed 30 May 2017

Long lines on the weekend let's you know how good the soups and sandwiches are from the San Benito house deli. Chips and side salads and a chef's salad, along with a variety of sandwiches in fresh baked wheat, French or walnut olive bread. Line moves quickly so don't be dissuaded. Fair prices too. Outdoor seating with live music on weekends or in the bar/restaurant attached. Really good all around.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 February 2017 via mobile

Ok. I've eaten at maybe 10 places in HMB. For my taste this is the best. No question.

It's kind of an unusual bar/restaurant in the middle of town. On the corner across from I think Half Moon Bay Inn which is usually crowded. It's good but a bit pricey and I was on my own and don't like sitting at a table by myself generally.

So I went across the street - easy parking - into San Benito.

Nice bar, many beers on tap, great bartender and friendly patrons which is rare in California. Felt like I was in Texas again. Nice!

Ordered their classic burger from the menu - people around me said everything was good. And they were so right. Ordered the burger medium. Who lets you do that anymore? ? With garlic fries and a northern California hefeweizen. Smooth.

Perfect burger. Perfect. Not like red robin etc. This was melt in your mouth like you made it at home. I'm a bit fussy too.

Fries were delicious, not greasy just the right mix of fresh garlic and salt.

Wonderful meal. Burger about 13 beer 5. 23 with tip.

I'll be back next time I'm in HMB.

I