All reviews fog horn underground parking within walking distance sitting area hotel lobby room service soaking tub el granada vaulted ceilings beautiful hotel large bathroom gas fireplace coffee maker light sleeper get away bottle of wine ocean view
Reviewed 13 October 2018

This is a lovely hotel. The hotel is well kept, the rooms are lovely and comfortable and the staff is friendly and attentive. The area around has really cute shops and restaurants.
Look forward to returning in the future.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

A really tough night after being delivered from the airport at 3am after a flight cancellation.
Keaton our check in staff and his colleague did an incredible job making us feel welcome and comfortable in difficult circumstances.
We appreciate the effort shown by all staff and will come again under different circumstances
Second visit to Half Moon Bay and there is no doubt it is a very lovely location

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 25 September 2018

I stayed two nights at the Oceano Hotel while attending a meeting in one of the hotel's conference rooms. First impressions were great. Parking is plentiful and free beneath the hotel, the large lobby is beautifully decorated, and check in was quick and easy. Another happy surprise: free wifi!

My room was on the second floor of the hotel. It was quite large, with separate sleeping and living areas. The living area, with fireplace, made me wish I was there on a romantic getaway instead of for work. The decor of the room was a little offbeat, considering how polished and lovely the lobby is, but it was clean and comfortable. The deck outside had seen better days, and had some rot on the railings, but there was a nice little view of the harbor over the parking lot and restaurant. I wish there had been a little more closet space (only an armoire was provided - no real closet), but otherwise, the room was functional. The room had a fridge and two free bottles of water. Overall, it was a comfortable place to relax and sleep.

My room was very close to the atrium extending up from the lobby, so in the evenings there was some noise, as the sound of people talking in the lobby carried up into the guest room areas. It died down at a reasonable hour and I slept well. At night, the fog horn can be heard. I didn't think it was too loud. I've stayed at other hotels where fog horns made it hard to sleep, but that wasn't the case here. Bring ear plugs if you're really sensitive to noise.

There's a nice gym on the property and several good restaurants within easy strolling distance of the hotel. I ate at the hotel for two days, since I was in meetings there, and the food was very good. The conference room was great -- large and comfortable, with sliding doors to the deck for views and a breeze. A/V elements worked well, and staff was available to assist with any needs. Our entire group was happy that we'd selected this location for our meeting, and would happily return.

Room tip: For less noise, ask for a room further from the lobby.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Erin74
Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

When I first arrived they put me in the Inn even though I had booked in the hotel. They later moved me and the room was twice the size. The room was "nice" but I found the lack of privacy in the bathroom to be a little strange. The location is great, as is the view.

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank CasualHockeyFan
Reviewed 13 September 2018

I would consider the Oceano Hotel a beautiful boutique hotel for couples or just to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city and relax. It's also a great place for tourist to stay as it's just a short drive to San Francisco, San Francisco Airport, and it's also right on the Coastal Highway 1, where you could drive down the coast and see all of the picturesque beaches along the way.

As you come to the hotel entrance, just past the entrance is an underground parking garage which is free. From the garage, there are elevators that take you directly into the hotel/floor of you hotel room. The hotel lobby very nice, bright, and check in was very quick.

I stayed in a Deluxe room on the second floor facing the harbor. The room had a very nice bathroom with high a ceiling, soaking tub, large separate shower and Aveda amenities. It also has a very nice living area along with a sink, refrigerator, and single cup coffee maker - coffee and tea were provided. The room could use a microwave though. There were also two televisions - one on the living area wall and the other in an armoires in front of the bed. There is also a balcony that overlooks the bay. When the sun rises in the east, it gives beautiful color tones to the harbor, hills, and boats.

The hotel room is very quiet. I couldn't hear any outside noise at all. I have read in one review that the air conditioning unit in the room was loud. You could hear the air conditioner but it's not extremely loud. I'm a light sleeper and I had the unit on all night and didn't have any problem sleeping with it on - it was sort of like white noise. I'll tell you what loud is. It's the portable air conditioning unit that the Hyatt in Monterey provides you. That sounded like a jet engine was in your room.

There are also nice restaurants and stores a very short walk from the hotel, if you don't feel like eating at the hotel's restaurant/bar.

Overall the hotel is beautiful, quiet, and comfortable. And I would highly recommend it.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple