All reviewsfog hornunderground parkingdeluxe king suitewithin walking distancesitting arearoom serviceel granadasoaking tubvaulted ceilingsbeautiful hotellarge bathroomgas fireplacecoffee makerliving roomget awayone night staybottle of wine
Reviewed 19 June 2018

The Oceano is in a great spot near the harbor. There is an Inn and Hotel - I stayed in the hotel. The rooms have separate areas for the bath, bed and sitting. The sitting area has a gs fireplace. In my room, there was also a balcony (with seating) and a view of the harbor. Amenities included the typical flat screen TV, small fridge, and coffee maker. Internet service was free and no connection issues. The staff is friendly and welcoming. There is ample parking on site. Within just a few steps of the hotel are a pathway along the beach and a few local restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank BruceR_2832
Reviewed 17 June 2018

Our first Father's Day without our children. We were hoping for a romantic evening ...
We have stayed at the Oceano hotel before and that always just fine. .I thought we were in the hotel, but it turned out we were in the Inn. We realize it was Father's day and they couldn't move us into another room since they were completely booked.
BUT the room at the INN smelled like foot fungus, nasal lint and flatulence. It was awful. It was dirty. We complained they gave us some febreze: Seriously? They wanted us to spray the smell out. Aren't they supposed to take care of things like that? Or keep the rooms clean or maintain the rooms. We walked around a lot in the evening and every time we would say to one another "well let's just try and sleep: we couldn't."
The bathroom was dirty the towels looked worn. The bathtub looked dirty. And to be honest whatever wasn't dirty in the room was dismally worn.
We just threw our hands in the air gave up and left before taking showers we couldn't bring ourselves to do it ... we couldn't even sleep. There was one nightstand and there was inadequate lighting ... It was nothing like the hotel. Had we known ... oh, well Father's Day was completely ruined.
There was nothing done even after we complained even before we left. So, it took us a few hours to drive home and we jumped into the hottest showers possible to wipe the ick off of us. Horrible experience. Patronizing but stepford like staff not helping out.
There was a strange machine in the room. We think it might have been an air conditioner but we couldn't figure it out.

Room Tip: Make sure it is in the hotel and not the inn which is a dump.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Karen A
Reviewed 25 May 2018

Different and a little strange to me. I couldn't figure out what the theme of this whole place was. It didn't feel welcoming. Overall, an average hotel. The fireplace was phenomenal, though. It kept the room warm and cozy, which warmed the cold ambience of the room. Easy to use furnace with a touch of a button, no complications, none of the hassle of a home furnace which deals with logs and ashes. I should say that maybe I am in the minority for rating this average, as my friends loved the room. In my opinion, I give it a lower rating than the typical Embassy Suites setup (I like Embassy). The fireplace made up for it all, though.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kelly A
Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

I booked the room through TripAdvisor for approximately 280.00 per night. We had no idea we were booking the inn an adjacent property which was just below a motel six. No glasses in the room, only 1 end table on 1 side of the bed. Inadequate lighting about 60 watt bulbs 1 lamp one sconce. No room service, no toiletry holder in the small battub. The tv was a maximum 13 inch model no movie channels. The room was approximately 350 square feet or less.nice fireplace one window control broken. Highly advise not to book the inn 180.00 overpriced.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Gary L
Reviewed 8 May 2018

The hotel staff said the hotel was full when I made the reservation but they had the "Inn" available. It was supposed to be as nice as the hotel. But it was a bit sparse missing things like a soapdish in the sink or shower. No cups to drink water, although they did provide water bottles each day. The bay view was of restaurant and the heat/air unit would cycle very loudly on and off every 30 seconds if left on. Overall the stay was enjoyable but it was the little things that could made it a great stay.

Room Tip: Ask for bay view room with an unobstructed view.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple