Oceano Hotel & Spa Half Moon Bay
Comfort Inn Half Moon Bay(Half Moon Bay)(Great Value!)
US$ 154
US$ 143
ComfortInn
Half Moon Bay Lodge(Half Moon Bay)(Great Value!)
US$ 254
US$ 236
Official Site
Beach House at Half Moon Bay(Half Moon Bay)(Great Value!)
US$ 274
Harbor View Inn(Half Moon Bay)
US$ 164
US$ 160
US$ 174
Coastside Inn(Half Moon Bay)
US$ 167
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Fitness centre
All reviewsfog horndeluxe king suiteunderground parkingwithin walking distancenice view of the harborsitting areahotel lobbyroom servicewet barsoaking tubel granadavaulted ceilingsprovide ear plugsbeautiful hotelbarbara's fish traplarge bathroomgas fireplace
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 February 2018

I originally booked a reservation for me, my cousin, and my 75-year-old aunt to stay at this hotel on 2/26/17. My aunt and I would be out in California for Christmas from the east coast and I wanted to celebrate the holidays by spending a night together at the Oceano Hotel. Unfortunately, we were not able to go through with the original plans as my aunt had to go to the emergency room a week before Christmas to have emergency surgery (ultimately she stayed in the hospital and then acute rehab in the hospital for 3 weeks). She had a perforated ulcer and surgery was needed to fix this. She also tested positive for the flu. A couple days after the surgery she went downhill quite quickly due to sepsis. While I was at the hospital (my aunt was in ICU) I called to reschedule the reservation. I spoke with Charlotte, who was great, and said she would rebook the reservation. Since I would not be able to stay past the week, Charlotte rebooked the reservation for 2/17/18 so my cousin and her husband could utilize the reservation. Later that day I called as I did not receive an email confirmation. At that time, I then spoke to the Guest Services Manager, Ken Seidler, and he informed me that he could not extend this reservation after January as it was a groupon ($250 value). I then rebooked for 1/25/18, hoping my aunt would be better and they would be able to utilize the reservation. I asked Ken to send me an email confirmation and he said he couldn't. I was at the hospital so I didn't notate the correct date. On 1/26/18, my aunt was still under the care of my cousin as she still will not be able to fly back to the east coast for another couple weeks. I called the hotel to ask to reschedule the reservation (by this time I'm back in New York). I spoke to Charlotte again and she stated that my reservation was canceled but that my cousins reservation was still in the system (from when she originally rescheduled) for 2/17/18. I said wonderful and asked her to email me the confirmation. I then received the email confirmation for 2/17/18 (which I still have). Later that day, Ken Seidler, the Guest Services Manager, emailed me the below message. I think due to the situation (and the fact that they are offering a groupon again in February) the hotel should make an exception and allow my cousin and her husband to utilize the room on 2/17/18. I think this night away would be good for my cousin and her husband after everything they have been through. As a side note, I never received an email reminder for the 1/25/17 reservation.

From: Ken Seidler
Sent: Friday, January 26, 2018 12:38 PM
Subject: Your reservation

Ms. Delosh,

As discussed before, your reservation for January 25 was the last change we were able to make. You were a no show. Changing your reservation to Brandy Weights for February 17th is not possible. Unfortunately I will be cancelling that reservation and you have forfeited your Groupon. I can’t continually change your reservations. If you have any questions please contact me at the number below.

Kenneth W. Seidler
1.888.OCEANO.1

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank sdelosh
Reviewed 29 January 2018

Sometimes you just need to get away...
We really enjoyed our stay at the Oceano. Its very cozy.
Our room overlooked the harbor, had a private deck, a soaking tub and a separate sitting area. It was a good amount of space. It was walking distance to food, which is a huge plus. The hotel has a bar in the lobby, so you can grab a couple drinks and head up to your spacious but cozy room. All in all, we enjoyed ourselves very much and we will return.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

We were gifted a night at the Oceano for our wedding. We decided to use it for my birthday. We came up and ate dinner at Sam’s with a group then headed to our hotel around 11pm. We didn’t know that we were gifted a deluxe harbor suite. The room was really cute! The balcony looked over the harbor. The room was clean and cozy. The staff was friendly. Like others have stated you do hear the fog horn from the hotel. That’s part of staying next to a harbor. They provide ear plugs and a noise machine. I downloaded a noise machine app although we just turned on the fan in the room and was able to fall asleep with the hum of that.

The weather was beautiful this January weekend. We’ve decided we are going to make this an annual trip for us.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2018

Great room quiet , clean and spacious. Can open the sliding glass door and hear the harbor, boats and tourists. Close to excellent dining at Mezzanine Luna or any of the other good places. Prices fair and the spa and massages are great way to unwind..

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 January 2018

Nice hotel at good location and with reasonable prices. Rooms were nice, recently remodeled, and they were large & tasteful (though admittedly in a "store catalog" way). Overall a decent middle-of-the-road choice at a decent price.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends