All reviews fresh fruit salad local walks beautiful barn conversion louise inca
Reviewed 2 July 2017

Louise and Inca (friendliest dog I've ever met) were welcoming and looked after us brilliantly. Sooo quiet and peaceful. Great days out (Cothay and West Somerset Railway to Dunster) and lovely places to sit outside the barn when we got back. Highly recommended if you want or need to get away from it all.

Room tip: 5 stars for value, service & cleanliness. This review didn't record my attempt to rate these.
Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
louisebancroft, Owner at Runnington Cider Barn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2017

Peace and quiet is my aim for my guests here - so thank you for picking up on it and the ambiance of the Cider Barn. We all love it here in Runnington. Best wishes, Louise

Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

Completely spot on. The owner was lovely and welcoming, room and location was perfect with a great breakfast. Definitely stay again for longer than 1 night next time. Some nice local walks and good places to eat and drink 25 minute walk into town

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
louisebancroft, Owner at Runnington Cider Barn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2017

Dear Steve,

Thank you for your kind review, - the walk across the River Tone into town is a lovely stroll, I am pleased you enjoyed it.

Do come again.

Best wishes,

Louise

Reviewed 3 April 2017 via mobile

If you like quiet , comfort and a wonderful breakfast, then stay here. The hostess was amenable and helpful; she also cooked a great breakfast! About 5 minutes from Wellington, just wish we had more time to explore.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for lovely compliment about breakfast. Come again to explore the walks and wonderful Exmoor or the Quantocks. Louise

Reviewed 29 January 2017

We stayed here for two nights as we were attending a wedding. On arrival we were met with tea and cake and a rumbustious welcome from Inca Louise's dog ( she checked we were okay with dogs before Inca was allowed to meet us). Our family joined us the next day so we took over all three rooms. We had a key to come and go as we pleased, breakfast at a time to suit us and tea and coffee on tap. The rooms are all ensuite so no queuing for the bathroom and there was plenty of hot water and heated towel rails ensured dry towels. Beds are comfy and large.

Would heartily recommend the Cider Barn fir a stay and Louise is an efficient, friendly and generous hostess

Room tip: All the rooms have a nice aspect. Talk to Louise to get the one just right for you
Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
louisebancroft, Owner at Runnington Cider Barn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2017

Really super review - thank you for coming to stay too. I do not always remember to ask guests if they are happy about bouncy dogs -I must admit! I need to do it each time, as she does adore guests arriving and wants to let them know.
Best wishes,

Louise

Reviewed 15 May 2016

Beautiful location, the owner Louise was very friendly ,and informative on places to visit
There was seating outside to enjoy the summer sun,Louise let you come and go as you please ,and there was always tea and coffee in our room.When we arrived we had tea and home made cakes waiting for us.

Date of stay: May 2016
louisebancroft, Owner at Runnington Cider Barn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2016

I am so pleased you felt relaxed and at home here - that is my aim. I want guests to leave feeling chilled and refreshed. Thank you. Louise