“Sunshine Under the Redwoods!”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Aberley Grove

Aberly Grove, Deck with Gas BBQ
Aberly Grove, Exterior from Parking Area Aberly Grove, Large Deck Surrounded by Redwoods
Check Availability
Aberly Grove, Main Bathroom
Aberly Grove, Half Bathroom
Aberly Grove, Hot Tub
Aberly Grove, Beautiful Surroundings
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
toniamoor...
San Mateo, California
“Sunshine Under the Redwoods!”
Reviewed 22 June 2018 for a stay in June 2018

I have rented in the Guerneville area 3 or 4 times and this is my favorite place I've stayed. The house is very pretty, well appointed, super comfortable, and well located yet quiet. (A quick drive into Guerneville)
The best part is it's under beautiful redwood trees yet a lot of light comes through to the deck as well as into the house itself, thanks to lots of skylights.
Celebrating my birthday, I stayed two nights with one of my best friends and our two little dogs. We both like having our own room, so that was perfect. Also she prefers a firm mattress and I like a softer one, and there was one of each type so easy to pick rooms!
I'd recommend this house for two good friends like us or two partnered couples. The hot tub is great. Be warned that there's no live TV, if you care about that.
It was such a peaceful and fun getaway at Aberle Grove-- we didn't want to leave!

Jose C
“lovely home in the redwoods, very peaceful and central location.”
Reviewed 24 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

the house is very clean and comfortable. The deck is great, especially in the evening for cocktails and dinner. We enjoyed our stay and would stay here again.

Nicole B
Los Angeles, California
“Wonderful retreat in the woods”
Reviewed 31 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016

My husband and I spent a wonderful weekend at Aberley Grove. It was a charming 2 bedroom, clean, new amenities, and dog friendly!!! We had a wonderful weekend, and would highly recommend this house to anyone wanting a reasonably priced getaway.

Hot tub was awesome too!

Odie M
San Francisco, California
“MCM decor Rocked!”
Reviewed 11 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016

The Mid Century Modern décor had me as soon as we opened the door. It just got better from there. I usually clean bathrooms before I stay at a place, this one I did not need to. And my cleanliness meter runs high since I use to clean B & B's years ago. This rental was clean, comfortable & quite. We cooked pretty much every meal at the rental. No need to go out when you have everything there. although we skipped the hot tub, it was running & ready for us when we arrived. The bed rooms were comfortable & spaced far enough apart where you could not hear snoring (my friend who came with). Lots of space to dance and or do yoga which I did in the main room. It made for a stellar weekend.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The decor. Love MCM
Liked least: There were not screens on every window so you could open w/o mosquittos
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
3 Aug 2016
Thank you for the fantastic review!

We love Aberley Grove! It is so uniquely Russian River while rocking the Mid Century Modern vibe too. I hope we'll see you again!

Megan Perkins
Russian River Vacation Homes
Lee Y
“Mid Century Fab in the Redwoods”
Reviewed 9 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015

Brought the pup up from SF for a Labor Day weekend getaway and it was pretty much perfection.

The house was recently renovated - All the appliances are brand spanking new and the house is appointed with taste and Mid Century style - I absolutely LOVE the table lamps in the Living Room! Set among the Redwoods in a funky Bohemian neighborhood a short drive from town - the other houses are fairly close but it was quiet and tranquil with the exception of the few cars that pass by on the residential street. Deck is spacious and perfect for relaxing with a bottle of local Pinot and nibbles after a day of activity before heading out to dinner or just a peaceful spot for reading under the Redwood canopy. Hot tub is a great feature as well.

It was the perfect basecamp for our mini adventures in the area: Hiking in the Armstrong Redwoods, meals and ice-cream in town and a trip to the beach although it was tempting to just stay in and cocoon.

Lots of great details - piece of extra wire fencing for the front entrance area to keep your pup in the yard, matching dishes and glassware, eco-friendly cleaning supplies, chic ceiling fan when you don't want to run the A/C, skylights to gaze up at the Redwoods, bar with complete barware, entertainment center well stocked with board games, great little sound system - just plug in your phone and relax.

Would stay here again in a heartbeat!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Best decorated vacation house I've stayed in
Liked least: The only minor complaint I had is that it didn't look like the deck had been swept recently but there was a pushbroom to take care of that
Recommended for:
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
29 Sep 2015
Hello!!!
And thank you for sharing a Fab review with future guests! We love that you noticed (and love) all the little details at the property. The owners really did a marvelous job decorating and incorporating their lives and loves in the house, so that guests will have an equally great time there.
Megan Perkins
Russian River Vacation Homes
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing