We were driving to Sonoma for a wedding, and had to travel a long way on my birthday. I wanted to stay somewhere different and special, so I booked a room here, knowing that it looked perfect!
I couldn't have chosen a better place. I felt excited and happy as soon as I saw it, amidst the redwoods. Just a spectacular setting, and the grounds were impeccable, as well.
We were cheerfully greeted by Ted, who escorted us to our cottage, and I felt like Queen for a Day. He was charming and helpful, and made us feel very comfortable and welcome.
We just loved the cottage. It was absolutely immaculate and everything was comfortable and worked. The bathtub was great, big fluffy white towels, dreamy bed, a place to sit outside and have our coffee. We drank cold beer and watched the Olympics as a way to celebrate my birthday, and it was one of the nicest birthdays I've ever had. Simple perfection.
We really hated to leave the next day, but we were well rested and refreshed, and ready to continue the celebration. I am already wondering when we might be able to get back to Guerneville. Thank you, Ted!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We offer our guests the chance to escape the ordinary and experience a unique hotel in a diverse and breathtaking destination. Whether it is canoeing on the river, biking the backroads, touring a world class winery, hiking the redwood forests or strolling along the beaches of Bodega Bay, you will return each evening to enjoy s’mores under a sky full of stars at Cottages on River Road. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Cottages on River Road reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cottages On River Road Hotel Guerneville
- Cottages On River Road Guerneville, CA - Sonoma County