“Glorious”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Glorious”
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Had the most wonderful stay at this hotel and never gave it a thought to write a review well I'm putting that mistake right! Gorgeous Rooms. fireplaces (that work) food in the restaurant and the wine tastings were first class, such a sleeply little hollow with good shopping antiques anyhow, cant wait for my next trip State Side, the UK being a little wetter.. Book it if you can get in simply fab.. and if your one of the boys my next trip was to the Hacienda in Palm Springs that was just as great!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank StephenRobert
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
San Jose, CA
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I originally was going to give an average review based on our lackluster stay, but then we noticed we were double-charged for the first night's stay and I really hate inconveniencing myself to get my money back when I should have been charged properly the first time. If I hadn't noticed, they would have gotten away with an extra $200 of my money!

Why we didn't like it: We found out later that others got a champagne welcome and were given a tour and told of their wine cellar. We were not treated as such (maybe since we are younger than their regular visitors?)

We stayed in Firenze - the toilet tank kept refilling every 30 minutes or so which made it difficult to sleep since I am a light sleeper. The bed sunk at the sides (the comfy part was in the middle of the bed), and the bed squeaked with any movement. We were gone for a few hours and our room had not been made so we had to request for it to be made. The wifi was spotty and I had no cell phone connection.

Pros - they did have free water and soda and coffee. The location was easy to find and the property was beautiful. We also loved the restaurant that was attached. And while the staff/owners did not address us as one would in a smaller B&B, they were friendly.

I have stayed in many bed and breakfasts in my life, and all that I love about one (coziness, friendliness of staff, personability of the innkeepers -where they know your name and ask you about your day) was a little lost. This place runs more like a independently run motel than a B&B unfortunately.

Room Tip: don't choose Firenze unless they replace the bed and fix the toilet.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
7 Thank luvwaltzn
Raynham, Massachusetts
Reviewed 4 April 2012

We called and booked the room while on the road driving after it was recommended to us by a local. When we arrived at the Inn and before checking in we were asked if we would like to see the room. Because we were staying only one night, a small room was acceptable. Room was decorated beautifully and most importantly, we were told the mattress was a new Tempur-Pedic mattress. So comfortable and best night's sleep I have in a long time. The two course breakfast the next morning at the Applewood restaurant was the best breakfast we have ever had. Breakfast started with crepes filled with a cream and covered with fresh sliced strawberries, followed by perfectly cooked eggs with tomatoes, asparagus, and avacado on the side and soft tortilla chips softened and cooked with tomatoes and cheese. such . All accompanied by mimosas, cappuccinos, espresso, juice, coffee, or tea, etc. Inn personnel were friendly and helpful. We have recommended this Inn to others without reservation and will definitely stay there again in the future.

Room Tip: Website includes photos of rooms and a description. Select one which suits your needs and price rang...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Denise S
Glendale, California
Reviewed 3 April 2012

My wife and I really enjoyed staying here! The breakfast and service was great. One thing we really appreciated was that there was no traffic noise like some of the other places we stopped by to see because it is not on the main highway. Free Wifi and bottled water

Room Tip: The Leonardo or Michelangelo rooms are upstairs overlooking the patio garden area. Both rooms are t...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank travelshooter71
Palm Springs, California, United States
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I was looking for the consumate wine country experience, and here it is. Innkeepers could not have been nicer or more accommodating. Great room and a simply unbelievable breakfast. This was first class all the way.

The restaurant is very nice in so many ways. Decor is a bit plain, service was first class, and the food was wonderfully special. Pricey, but as a special occasion, it was so perfect.

I can't believe we found such a unique and quality establishment. Compared to our typical workaholic life, this was such a divine experience!

Room Tip: Talk to the Innkeeper, they upgraded ours because it was available. But even the basic room should...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank David C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Guerneville
9.2 km away
2.6 km away
Sonoma Orchid Inn
Sonoma Orchid Inn
#5 of 13 in Guerneville

Been to Applewood Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK