We stayed here for 2 nights as part of our honeymoon. The area is very scenic being forested with redwoods and the Russian River cutting through it too.
The Applewood Inn is about a 1/4 mile from the river which leads into Guereneville. It is not in the heart of downtown which is great as it keeps it more serene.
We chose one of the smaller rooms in the Belden House (Room 7). The room was fine but there were a few things that were less appreciated. 1. Our room was immediately off the 'lobby' or living room of the house. You could hear people talking and phone conversations coming from there and the adjacent office. It wasn't loud, but it was there. 2. other rooms were around which meant those people had to walk past our door on hardwood floors which creaked or picked up stilleto heel noise. 3. We faced the road which had plenty road noise and echoed.
The room itself was great. Cozy and clean. The bathroom had all the amenities needed too.
There is a pool which we went out to however it was not heated, so we did not get into it. Not sure if it had not been 'skimmed' because the heater wasnt on, but there was lots of tree debris. We looked for a skimmer but none was found, and with the water temp pretty cold we opted to stay out of the water anyway. There was also a jacuzzi. It was on, but covered.
Breakfast was amazing and my favorite part. Breakfast was at the adjoining Applewood Restaurant (which is worth checking out for dinner). There is a nice tea and coffee bar self service, and then wait staff or sometimes the owner does the rest! Assorted juices and mimosa's are included beverage options. Each morning we started with this wonderful assorted fruit dish topped with yummy white wine yogurt sauce. The main course changed each morning. One day it was an orange poppyseed french toast, and another day pancakes. Large portions, homemade, very very good.
Overall we enjoyed our stay. The area is very scenic, and not too far from other wine areas such as Healdsburg. The Armstrong Redwoods are about 2 miles away and a very easy drive from the Inn.
Pros: inn location, service, room amenities, amazing breakfast included
Cons: pool heater not on, road noise, room location not desirable
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Mediterranean villa in the heart of the Russian River wine appellation, home to some of the world's best Pinot Noir & Chardonnay grapes.The inn offers deluxe accommodations beneath the Redwoods. Pool, Hot-tub, Massage, Picnic Baskets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Applewood Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Applewood Hotel Guerneville
- Applewood Inn Guerneville, CA - Sonoma County