“Spoon me over and over in Grover”
Review of The Spoon Trade

The Spoon Trade
Ranked #1 of 63 Restaurants in Grover Beach
Reviewed 8 November 2018

This restaurant had a limited but DELICIOUS menu. The appetizers were unique, the entrees were varied and my chicken was awesome. I hesitated to order chicken as I usually find it blah and tasteless, but not here. The bread was like my Grandmother used to make, crusty fresh and buttery. The portions, tho not huge were adequate. The service was attentive but not overbearing, the ambiance on the heated porch was roomy, but a bit noisy from traffic. I will return and bring someone who appreciates tasty food as much as I do.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 7 November 2018

Visited The Spoon Trade on a Friday night because of all of the great reviews and had a lovely dinner on the patio. The sourdough appetizer was really yummy. I had the homemade pasta, which was good, but a bit bland. My husband had the chicken and waffles and really liked them, although he thought they were a bit sweet. Overall a good experience, but a bit over-priced.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 28 October 2018

A friend recommended we go here and I'm glad we were able to fit it in. We started with a baked sourdough loaf which was fantastic! Then we both had cheeseburgers which were scrumptious. Our server was really nice and the atmosphere was very clean, warm and inviting.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 10 October 2018

Great food! If you sit at the bar you have access to their tasting menu which are small portions for 4 bucks. They have a great selection of beer and wine. The service was attentive and friendly. They do not take reservations, so if you don't want to wait it is best to go early. We had not had lunch and got there right at 4pm when they opened. By the time we left, they were starting to get hopping there. The food here is what you come for. The place is cute, and they do have a patio, but there are not really any views. The restaurant is in sort of a strip mall. Come to view the food on your plate disappear. They make their own bread (have a bakery "sister" restaurant across the street.) They are famous for their chicken and waffles (heart stoppingly delicious) and their baloney sandwich (also naughty...and so yummy!) We tried a lot of food, had a couple of beers and our tab was only around 70.00 with tip because we were at the bar and eating/drinking the 4.00 menu items. You also have access to their full menu there, by the way. What a great deal and we were STUFFED to the gills!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Friday night No Reservations. We were told to 30 minute wait we waited about 20 minutes very comfortably. We shared a very nice salad period large and very adequate for the two of us. Before the salad was served waitress gave us a taste of the soup being served. Butternut squash soup very good.

We are vegetarian and ordered the vegetarian special for the evening. We split the crispy polenta, mushroom gravy, arugula, chili oil, toasted pistachios. Very delicious. We did not have dessert. $45 includes tip.

Date of visit: August 2018