“The most caring and helpful staff in a time of crisis!~ Thank you.”

Motel 6 Santa Barbara - Goleta
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Goleta
Reviewed 18 December 2017

I live in Ojai, California. We have all been devastated by the Thomas fire. On the very second day of the fire I had to evacuate my home with a few clothes and 1 cat. I really thought I would lose my home and everything I had. I evacuated and stopped at multiple hotels and refused a room because I had a cat. This was the 7th place I stopped.

The staff was super compassionate, helpful and caring. They were swamped with people evacuating. Every staff member did everything they could to get people into rooms as quickly as possible including helping people carry there belongings into their rooms. Assisting with everything. Most of us were in shock, scared and stressed. They were helpful in every way possible.

The Thomas fire is currently the 3rd largest wildfire in California history.

In the time of crisis, a small community should be able to come together and help each other out. Rules need to be suspended and a helping hand offered.

Thank you to the staff of this place. You rocked it in a time of crisis!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 28 October 2017

Stayed here for one night only whilst passing through Santa Barbara last month. Motel 6 offer clean, no frills, modern rooms for a very reasonable price, and this motel was no different. We are unable to comment on the location as we arrived late after getting lost and left pretty early, but there are various shops, restaurants and a bowling alley in walking distance.
Our room was a good size, comfy bed, clean bathroom, and quiet location overlooking the pool.
We found the staff to be extremely friendly and helpful, in particular a young guy named Kyle - who helped us out with wifi and was seen to be carrying guests suitcases to their rooms for them - management take note!!!
Overall, would recommend this motel for stop overs or short break.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

Went there for a funeral and stayed here. First night (Saturday) ran a little over $200. Second night was a little over $100. That's real pricey for a motel 6. I heard Santa Barbara is pricey but I'm not sure if they just jacked up the price due to supply/demand but $200+ is more than my Hilton hotel that I stayed at that was twice as big in LA (airport). I had a double bed. Real small room. No coffee in rooms. Coffee is served in the main office from one pot. Iron (and other supplies) is first come first serve in the main office. I asked the cleaning lady for another towel and she said I had to go the main office.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2017

I was surprised when I entered the room. It's not your typical motel 6 room. My room had a small relaxing area where people or your guest can sit and gather around. The clerk that checked me in was very friendly.

Room Tip: Very nice and clean room. The parking was ample.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Barr1965
Reviewed 12 May 2017

The room is just the right size. It's comfy, clean, and I liked the cools color of the wall. The AC is not too noise (as some people claimed it.)
The staff was also extremely friendly!!!

Thank you.
PK.

Room Tip: NO breakfast just coffee or tea.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo