“I have always loved this place”

Elena Greek Armenian Cuisine
Ranked #28 of 546 Restaurants in Glendale
Cuisines: Armenian, Greek
Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

I have been coming here for almost 20. It never changes...so good. Friendly staff. I had the #13 switched the salad for fries, got extra garlic sauce, Greek salad!

Reviewed 5 May 2017

I loved everything about Elenas! The chicken lamb and beef kebabs were so tasty and juicy. The salad that they gave us to start with was pickled and so delicious. And a garlic spread went with the homemade pita which was to die for! I will definitely go back to Elenas when I visit LA again!

Reviewed 22 December 2016 via mobile

It has been a few years since I was in the area and sadly found out that my regular Armenian/Greek resto had closed (it used to be next to Paradise Pastry) so I had a look on google for a replacement. I found an amazing array of reviews about Elena's an decided to give it a shot. Upon arrival the place was packed well after lunch time. I waited for about 10 minutes for a table. The initial greeting was very pleasent and friendly. The table was immediatly filled with pickled cabbage, bread, and my side of hummus. I ordered the combo dinner plate with lentil soup on the side. They waited for me to finish my soup and promptly brought me the meal. It was beautiful! The lamb was extremely tender and seasoned to perfection. The lulu and lamb chop were cooked beautifully. Basmati rice, salad, green pepper, and tomato were heaped on the plate. At $12 for the combo plate this was a great deal of food. The entire meal was delicious and the service matched as well! I will be coming here for years to come. I forgot to ask if it was possible to byo wine but will call and ask before next visit. Eat here with confidence, it's superb!

Reviewed 20 July 2016

Definitely one of my "go to" restaurants! The most tender and tasty chicken kabob I've ever had, and I have never been disappointed when I order it. I have tried most of the other kabobs which are very good, but there's something about their chicken kabob and that rice that keeps me coming back! Don't miss out on their lentil soup either, it's pretty wonderful.

Remember, this is a fast food kabob place, so don't be surprised that you will have to flag a server down to refill your water or iced tea. All the wait staff are friendly and your food will arrive quickly.

Reviewed 22 May 2016 via mobile

If you are looking to enjoy a leisurely meal in an upscale location, this is not the restaurant for you. If, instead, you are looking for plenty of good food served quickly in a little hole-in-the-wall restaurant, then you have found the right place.

Highlights: the lamb chops, lentil soup, and skordalia (garlic dip).

Low points: the ground beef kabob was seasoned well, but the texture was a little off. Also, while it was nice the food arrived quickly, we felt rushed to leave once we finished eating. In their defense, this was probably due to the limited seating and the customers waiting outside for tables.