“Took My Reservation But Had No Room For Me”

Glen Capri Inn & Suites - San Fernando Road
Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Glendale
Reviewed 25 July 2016

Made my reservation well in advance. At 4pm of the day I was to check in, I got a phone call letting me know, "I have your reservation but I have no room for you." I was told that he could "try" to find me another room somewhere but not knowing anything about the hotel I would end up at, I declined.

This is no way to run a business.

Highly recommend you book with a more reliable hotel.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank 380jonathan7777

Reviewed 11 July 2016 via mobile

Booked 2 rooms,1 night for 4 adults & 2 children. First room stunk of damp.reception came with tin of air freshener...which made little diffrence.had to sit with windows & door open & air con blasting for an hour to get any relief. Would have left if it wasn't late at night when we arrived. Also carpet old & dirty, no shower gel or shampoo in bathroom dispenser. $173 paid. No money back offered and no apology. Second room shower didn't work. $125 paid. Very poor standard. Would not go anywhere near it again.we were looking for a cheap bed for the night but didn't expect the poor standard & attitude we received.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank cobra3400
Reviewed 2 June 2016

This is probably the cheapest place one will find in Glendale, that is clean and comfortable. We were here for 4-5 days, and found it adequate to have a good night's sleep.

But one morning, one of the cleaning staff came around at 10 am, and wanted to clean the room. We were not ready to go anywhere that morning until around noon. She looked annoyed, frowned at me and then left for another room. About 10:30 am, she came back and was surprised we were still there. So I told her to return around noon. She was obviously not pleased and sneered at me, turning away to do yet a different room.

Frankly, I've never seen hotel staff this rude and arrogant toward guests before. Guests don't work around the staff's pleasure; the latter work round the guests' schedule. That's why it's called hospitality. Not at all hospitable.

Left us a sour taste despite the fact that other staff were cordial, and our stay was otherwise uneventful.

If you intend to stay here, watch out for a grumpy cleaning lady and make sure you get her prior permission to come back to the room depending on when she schedules your room for cleaning.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JonCSBC
Reviewed 24 April 2016 via mobile

Decent enough if you are on a Budget.
They have a variety of rooms from King, queens and double beds to accommodate a family. Also there is a room with Jacuzzi which is room 207. Close to the 134 Freeways and laundry mats are near by. Convenient shopping with small grocery stores or Ralph's and Smart & Final. There is also pharmacy close by(Walgreens and CVS).

Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 April 2016 via mobile

First of all too expensive but still the cheapest I found and second I think I got a smoking room even though I booked a non-smoking but I’m not sure. The thing is that it mostly smelled when I turned the ac on so I don’t know if it only came from that. Other than that the room was big, clean and I had a comfortable bed. Parking and wifi was free. No breakfast was served but there is a diner just next to it.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo