My story: I planned a 2 weeks visit to California for my Bday, I booked this motel for the 1st week than I went to Palm Springs for 3 nights than booked another hotel downtown to experience LA city. Glendale is an Armenian area. Here is my review:
- Hotel Location: close to Hollywood and all other attraction
BUT YOU NEED A CAR (I rented a car)
- Rooms: Clean rooms, they do work hard on keeping it clean.
Wood walls, thin walls. Wood ceilings, so if you are on ground level you might hear the squeaking of the ceiling/ground and the walking. I could hear them sing and play guitar, talk and laugh...
Furniture in the room, some were updated with new stuff others were kept old used and abused as their old chairs that have nails in them (pics attached to the article) and they ruined 2 of my nice shirts, made holes in them. BE CAREFUL! They need to redo these chairs or get new ones. It is a shame, cause they updated the TV with flat screen ones, they remodeled the bathrooms and have nice sink and all but those chairs should not exist there. SERIOUSLY!
- NO COFFEE MACHINE in the rooms, you have to go to their small cheezy lobby to get your flavorless cold coffee. "Lame"!!
- Management: Night guy was very helpful and nice, the day team (owners?) seemed to me not that interested, kinda jaded, the old Mexican woman that manage/clean rooms was kinda rude sometimes with no customer service. The man (her husband?) cold not interested in the people checking in and out, I felt like a # to him. No customer service. I did not use their ice machine or any other facilities if they had any...
I heard the restaurant across the motel charge 4$ for a simple Coke, expensive. I never used it. I had my car and I could go anywhere I wanted.
- Parking: I could park every time in the parking lot, but sometimes I had to search for the spot, especially on the weekend. Parking lot is way too small so you might get your car scratched, I had a bump on my car the 1st day I arrived there, not sure it was done at night while someone is backing up or at Getty Museum. Most probably at the motel cause car park way to close to each others. Anyway!
- AC: was good and working, I was there in MAY 2015 so I did not need much AC - I used the heater few times, California is kinda chilly in May.
- Internet: SUCKS BIG TIME, my room location had no good internet at all, I was on the corner.
I had to use my cell data and used it all while there...They need to have better Internet service.
- No Pool, No Jacuzzi, No free breakfast, No coffee machines in the rooms.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Glen Capri Inn & Suites - San Fernando Road reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glen Capri Inn And Suites - San Fernando Road
- Glen Capri Inn & Suites - San Fernando Road Hotel Glendale
- Glen Capri Hotel