All reviews downstairs room instant oatmeal no elevator great room refrigerator
Reviewed 14 November 2010

I went there twice with my girlfriend which was a ok stay. When I arrived in the lobby I ha to call them to let them know I was even there so I cld pay for the room. They kept looking at me afterwards almost straying at me to see what I was taking in didn't feel right but whatever. It was a ok stay don't recoment or a family though

• Stayed: September 2010
Reviewed 26 October 2010

Our room was clean and ordinary. For the price, we were well satisfied until my friend was trying to dry her hair and the hair dryer burst into flames. With dripping hair, she went to the desk to tell them and ask if they had another hair dryer she could use. They could not have cared less. Had no hair dryer, no suggestion, no concern about the fire. Fortunately, another guest was checking out at the same time and suggested that she could use the hairdryer in his room since he and his wife were leaving. Until my friend finally said "I don't mean the hairdryer was smoking, I mean FIRE and FLAMES. You need to remove the hairdyer before anyone gets hurt!" did the clerk look at all interested.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 October 2010

We went for the Ramada as we came for shopping, and we thought we'll try cut on accommodation spending.
The Ramada is at least 30% cheaper than Best W. , and Quality Inn just across the street.
So, we were not surprised to find a basic Motel, with old furniture and equipments.
However, room was clean , and everything worked , although not always to our expectations .
Breakfast is served in a small room, and is pretty basic .
There is a PC and printer in the reception, and WIFI worked fine (free).
A family from India runs the place, so as you enter the reception, a curry audur hits you.
But they do good job ( within the limits of course).
You can "enjoy" a gas station at two sides of the motel, a main road at the front side,
And a mobile home neighbourhood at the back.
Pool is cold, and Jacuzzi too hot.
If you just for sleeping , and like to cut on budget – go for it.
Room – Oldish, not wide.
Sleep Quality – good .
Bath area – good.
Hotel Surrounding – gas stations and road.
Pool – poor.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Arie S
RamadaGilroy, Public Relations Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2010

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your feedback and good comments. We maintain the pool according to our Brand Standards in order to maintain an eco-sensible use of resources. We apologize for the inconvenience this caused you. We are addressing the issue of the furniture and are considering some options. We are pleased that you were able to save 30% on your stay and still enjoyed a comfortable, clean, private lodging experience. Our breakfast room has been designed to provide a warm, cozy, cafe type experience with all the comforts of home such as a Large TV, private access to restroom and lavatory. We pride ourselves on great service, great product at a value that you can keep affording. We hope you will come see us again. Happy and safe travels!

Ramada Gilroy

Reviewed 1 October 2010

The outside of the motel looked very nice. The room was large but not that clean. The breakfast was very basic. The free internet did not work.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2009

We were in Gilroy for a wedding at JL Ranch. This was a little pricey for a Ramada Limited (around sixty a night), but it was the cheapest option in Gilroy for that weekend. The room was clean, smelled good, had fresh towels, and all the appliances and furnishings were in excellent condition and working order. For a no-frills kind of hotel/motel, that's all I ask. The breakfast buffet left something to be desired: they were all out of pastries, so we had a choice of boxed cereal or toaster waffles. (That's the only reason I gave it three circles for "service" instead of five.) The location was convenient, right off the freeway and very close to the outlet shops. Not a very pretty location, but convenience was more important on this trip.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
RamadaGilroy, Public Relations Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2010

Thank you for you comments. Visit us again.