“Great experience”

Scotty's Ohana family restaurant
Ranked #31 of 139 Restaurants in Gilroy
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Reviewed 31 October 2018 via mobile

We were there yesterday morning and our waitress Cheyenne was awesome. Very attentive. We are going back soon. Cute Gilroy location.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 25 October 2018

I heard this was a good place and apparently my parents talked this place up. Sadly when I had visited, it wasn't packed like they had said it would be and well, here's my review...

First of all, it sort of had a funky smell, like the smoke of the old times still lingering in the walls. Still very much stuck in the 70s, which isn't too bad but some people may not be a fan of such. I heard it was filling and delicious. When my food came, my toast was burnt and my potatoes were cold. Also, I order my eggs over easy (I like my yolks to run), one of the eggs was done right, the other was fried. Sadly I didn't care for the perfume our server was wearing either (very strong) but maybe that's to hide the smell of the restaurant? Anyway, I wanted to like this place but even my parent's were disappointed in the experience since the last time they were there (a year ago), it was a great place. Who knows? Maybe it was just an off day? But I doubt I'll go back.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 6 August 2018

This was not our first experience dinning at Scotty's, we've eaten there several times and have been quite happy with our meals. Mostly we're there for breakfast, opens at 8am on Sundays and if you're not there early you cannot get a booth but feel free to grab a chair at a table. When you sit down you are served a small bowl of fresh fruit and coffee. Order your meal to the smiling waitress and pretty soon your breakfast is served. Delicious chorizo and eggs is what I ordered, can't go wrong and there is so much to eat! When you're almost done with your meal they bring you fresh muffins! So grab a doggie bag and take your leftovers home. Traditional dishes, some Hawaiian and Mexican, take your pick, it's all good :)

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 7 March 2018

very down-home cooking done here. we had the moco-loco breakfast, pretty decent. also the linguini on the side. nice dining experience.

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank arizona-mark
Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

Had enough spam and eggs as breakfast in California? Come to this little cute cafe for a different taste! We have tried the udon with chasau and Japanese breakfast and they are awesome! The staff are friendly and environment very cosy. One of must try place if you are in gilroy

Date of visit: February 2018