“Good Irish Bar for Watching Sports”

Branagan's Irish Pub
Ranked #222 of 379 Restaurants in Fullerton
Cuisines: Irish
Reviewed 8 July 2017

We came in to watch the US vs. Trinidad/Tobago match. The crowd was small but energetic. This is a pretty big pub - a great space for a group.
We were pleasantly surprised by the food. I had some great clam chowder. The table next to us had "Irish Nachos", which were spiralized potatoes with nacho toppings like guacamole, sour cream and jalapenos - they devoured them and I was very jealous. They looked really good.
Full bar with a great selection of whiskeys, Irish and otherwise. Service was very good. I would come here to watch another match if I'm in town.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 14 October 2015

Branagans does not have the look and feel of a typical country pub but fits the downtown area of Fullerton well. Bar staff are friendly and pour a good Guinness. Live music is offered sometimes and makes the atmosphere.

Reviewed 4 May 2015

A group of my fellow singers decided that this was the place to go for drinks and a meal after a long rehearsal on a Sunday afternoon. I'd never been there before, so I decided to go along with their choice. What a HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT! The beers were expensive, although I couldn't find their prices on the menu. The food was also a tad above what I've seen at similar places. What's worse, the selections didn't offer any choices for light eaters or a light budget. I ordered the fish and chips, which promised: "Blue Moon beer tempura battered cod served with french fries, coleslaw and lemon dill tarter sause [sic]." Neither a friend nor I got the promised coleslaw with this meal, at $12.99. While the kitchen graciously substituted a fresh green salad for the fries, I was baffled at not receiving the other side dish. Further, there were 16 of us, but the lone waiter/bartender made no mention of the kitchen being short-staffed. It took almost one hour after our orders were placed, long after getting our drinks, for everyone to be served! Some people were finished before others of us had a plate in front of us. A rip-off joint that I won't visit again!

Reviewed 30 July 2013

I would not recommend this place to anyone, Disgusting Facilities, Horrible Service, Overpriced Everything and a staff of losers with management that is absolutely indifferent. On a last note as we were leaving I saw a young girl getting upset because they over charged her credit card by $100 and she appeared to have recently vomited near the front door… STAY AWAY!

Reviewed 30 December 2012

Great place if you want to get in touch with your IRISH side. Lots of beers on tap, several types of whiskey and other libations. Big screen tv's and memorabilia on the walls that will keep your eyes busy. The food - surprise - is good. Great shepard's pie! Decent burgers. It is suppose to rock of the chain around 11PM with all the college crowd. JOHN rocks as the man behind the bar!