Fullerton Marriott at California State University
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Fullerton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I recently stayed here for work. I had a note on my reservation for no feathers, it brings on severe allergies. I even asked upon check in and was told it had been taken care of. I woke around 1am having an asthma attack, checked and pillows were feather. I called the front desk and they said they couldn't help me. I even brought it up on checking out, was told I would be compensated, and a manage would contact me. Ten days later no communication, no apology or compensation. Not only can they not deal with customer requests, they have zero follow up....disgusting service!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Jasmin R, other at Fullerton Marriott at California State University, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Mr. Stevens,

It was a pleasure speaking with you this afternoon. Once again I'd like to apologize for the delay in responding back to your concerns. Rest assure that we take all of your feedback and experience to heart and will learn from this experience. Please let us know if there is anything that we can do for you and we hope to better serve you during your next visit to the city of Fullerton.

Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

This may not be the biggest Marriotts, but it was the most welcoming and friendliest I have ever stayed in. The desk clerk on that particular day I checked it was so cheerful, with an up-beat attitude and a great asset to the hotel. Everyone on staff I interacted with were friendly and helpful. My room had been newly remodeled and I loved the hardwood floors instead of carpet. Rooms are clean and comfortable, with plenty of towels and hot water in the shower! Location Is very good with a small food court across the street. I will definitely stay here again!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 January 2018

Fullerton Marriott –
We needed a room for one additional night and could not extend our reservation in Anaheim to start earlier so thought that the Marriott in Fullerton would be a good choice. This hotel is located across the street from the college and about 7 miles away from our ultimate destination in Anaheim.

When we arrived on Wednesday Jan 3, there was only one person assigned to the front desk. She had “trainee” on her name tag was tied up with a guest for quite some time while others checking in had to wait. After about 10 minutes or so, a second person arrived (not a trainee) and began checking the rest of us in. We were given a recently renovated room (#441) which faced the parking lot at the back of the building and Interstate 57.

The positive points about this place were the recently renovated room. Our room was very nice and had a modern contemporary feel. We liked the showers and dual blind system installed on the windows. The bartenders were super friendly too and were fun to chat with. Also, the parking was free at this location.

Unfortunately, there were more things about this place that we didn’t like over the things that we did. The first was that the newly renovated floors in the rooms were plank style synthetic material, no carpet in the room. We thought this was interesting and unique but realized when we took our socks off after walking around in the room for a few hours that the floors were absolutely filthy. Our white socks were very heavily darkened under our feet. Eek!

Other observations were that there was no one to help with luggage at this location and the internet was very hard to connect too and took several attempts before finally making a connection. The elevators were very rough (doors closed slow and the elevators bounced) and the down button on the 4th floor needed to be pressed multiple times before it would illuminate and acknowledge our elevator call.

Other than the restaurant at the bar, the other restaurants were closed due to the holiday we were told. There was a strip mall across the street, but chain food was not what we were looking for. Our room had 2 double beds only instead of queens or a king. Maybe that was my fault with my reservation, but it was a little tight for the 3 of us to sleep comfortably. It might have been the very noisy interstate that might have been the problem. Wow! Sorry but this place didn’t work for us.

Room Tip: Get a room on the opposite side of the building from the highway
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Chris F
Jasmin R, Manager at Fullerton Marriott at California State University, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2018

Chris F
Thank you for taking the time to provide such detailed feedback about your recent stay. We most certainly appreciate the feedback of our guests, it allows us to better ourselves in areas in which require improvement. I am happy to hear that you appreciated the newly renovated room, but clearly there are areas in which we still need to excel in regards to the rooms. I will speak with my Executive Housekeeping Manager about the cleanliness of the floors.

As we wrap up the completion of the guestroom renovation, our next focus is going to be on another area that you had mentioned: the elevators. We are undergoing a complete modernization of the elevators that is slated to start in mid-February after the completion of the rooms. So we are looking forward to providing continued new and improved products to our guest. We certainly hope that you stay with us again to experience the changes that are being made.

Thank you again!

Reviewed 18 December 2017

I just gave an average but not excellent because the Stay was good but the Place was under renovation and there was not water the next day for half a day. That troubled you a bit but the stay was good but there was more dust at that point of time. Hope this will be good by 2018 (Completing all its renovations).

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Jasmin R, Front Office Manager at Fullerton Marriott at California State University, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2017

Good evening pradeepm488,

Thank you for feedback on your previous stay. As mentioned we are currently undergoing a renovation to our rooms and hallways. We are projecting to complete the renovation by mid January of 2018. We understand the impact this plays to the overall experience and are looking forward to finishing the renovation. I truly apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced and look forward to your next visit to the city of Fullerton.

Reviewed 17 November 2017

Stayed here for 2 nights for business. Room 201 is a large room with a view of the pool and the side street, as it has windows at both ends. Has a nice desk space to work. Room was clean, beds are comfortable. Items needed in the room would be a safe and refrigerator. The hotel is currently going through room renovations so it was a little loud during the day with construction noise.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fullerton
3.4 km away
6.1 km away
Days Inn & Suites Fullerton
4.3 km away
Chase Suite Hotel Brea

Been to Fullerton Marriott at California State University? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK