“Luxurious surroundings - but thin walls”

Fullerton Marriott at California State University
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Fullerton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 16 June 2011

The rooms are quite luxurious for the price, which was discounted because I was attending a wedding. Great bedding and really nice decor as you can see in my pictures. Bathroom was also great. The free breakfast was a nice touch (but it tasted somewhat bland--and the breakfast area was quite empty.) It was not centrally located to too many shops. My only complaint was that I was awoken up at 7 am by some loud screaming next door, apparently the walls are thin and the couple didn't think anyone was listening. Let's just say, they should put more insulation in the walls. Other than that, I would definitely stay here again if I were attending any events or for business.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank pinkhorse

Reviewed 14 June 2011

We stay here a lot, but now that the perks for elite has been downgraded, we stay elsewhere more. Breakfast for gold members is not provided for both members in your party. As a matter of fact, they don't even offer it to you unless you ask for it and then usually you get it for one of you. That is when the concierge is not open. We go on weekends so elite perks are non existent.
I am so tired of contributing and being loyal so much to become elite only to have more and more perks being taken away. All we want is breakfast for corn's sake!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Vicky-McG
laxfl, General Manager at Fullerton Marriott at California State University, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2011

Dear valued guest,
I want to thank you for staying with us at the Fullerton Marriott at California State University and especially for letting me know, understand and respond to your concern regarding the lack of a free breakfast on your weekend stays. Marriott Hotels and Resorts require all of our properties to strictly adhere to Brand Standards so there is a consistent guest experience throughout our hotels. Platinum and Gold member benefits allow complimentary continental breakfast on weekdays only and this is why you were not offered our complimentary continental breakfast as it isn’t available on weekends. We certainly value your business and perhaps this is something that will be explored in the future but unfortunately until this standard changes we must remain compliant with our brand standards.

At your service,

Brian Murphy

Reviewed 14 June 2011

The room is very clean and there was a nice
artwork hanging on the wall. (Probably most rooms? I am not sure)

:I did aerobic exercise with fitness DVD in the room. It was really nice!
If you don't have a car, you really need this at the hotel like this because
there is nothing fun within the walking distance of this hotel.

: Breakfast buffet in the restaurant was super nice. Nice orange juice.
Pancake, omlette, they make it in front of you. Also, servers were really
nice and polite.

: A lady at the front desk was really helpful for me arranging
the shuttle to the airport.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 June 2011

This is one that must just barely meet the qualifications for a marriott.
Feels like one of the cheaper brands perhaps upgraded to a full fledge hotel.

My problem was the rate I booked included some vouchers for future travel.
When I arrived I was told I had booked some other rate that I had never heard of and could never had done on my own. So not sure where the breakdown was, but was
made to feel like the problem was my fault. I tried over and over and over to resolve with them, but could never get anyone to return my calls. So if you're looking for indifference this is the right place for you. They never did resolve or even address my problem.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 May 2011

Great rooms, beds are the most comfortable anywhere. The LG TV is great. Only compliant they parking spots to college students and forces you to use handicap spots.

• Stayed: March 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fullerton
3.4 km away
6.1 km away
Days Inn & Suites Fullerton
4.3 km away
Chase Suite Hotel Brea

Been to Fullerton Marriott at California State University? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK