“Yum!!”

California Tofu Grill
Ranked #143 of 425 Restaurants in Fullerton
Cuisines: Korean
Reviewed 16 June 2016

This tofu house is the best Korean tofu soup you can find in the local area. There are quite a few Koreans living in Fullerton. For better tofu, you probably need to go down to Korean Town in Garden Grove. I have been here a few times and the restaurant is always busy. Service is not great but it is to be expected.

I am going to concentrate my review on the to-go menu. Food to go is made quickly (10-15 minutes). The kimchi is sparse it is hard to pack more than 5-6 items to-go. The tofu soup is flavorful and hot. Prices are a little higher but you have to consider the area.

Date of visit: May 2016

Reviewed 29 October 2015 via mobile

I stopped here because I craved tofu and spices. I ordered the Bipbimbap and got all these small plates with it. $11.99 and hot tea. I am happy.

Date of visit: October 2015
Reviewed 30 April 2015

This used to be Koba Tofu. I don't know if they sold it or its new name, but the menu is pretty much the same as any Soon Dobu Tofu place. You got your soups, combo dishes (meat + soup), meats only, and traditional Korean dishes, all comes with the hot pot rice, and the banchan (side dishes) and a whole fried mackerel. But, they also have a Kids Only menu, which I've never seen as Soon Dobu places.

Stephen and I came here on a Sunday at 7:40 pm. It was still pretty full, and we got a table in the front by the cashier. The ladies don't seem to speak a lot of English (as seems to be the case for most Soon Tobu places)

I had the original soon dobu soup with pork, while Stephen had the Beef curry soon dobu soup, mild. As soon as we ordered, they placed the 2 pots of rice out, and the banchan with the 2 eggs.

The banchan has a decent variety. For this visit we had:
- bean sprouts
- veg pancakes
- spice zucchini
- glass noodles
- a gelatiny cube (the waitress called it jello)
- a creamy pasta salad (think potato salad with out potato)
- kim chi

Later, they came out with the fried mackerel (piping hot, like, just fried!)

My water glass was filled regularly, and the waitress checked to see if we wanted more banchan. Even though her English was limited, she did her best to accommodate our needs. Overall an excellent visit, and Stephen really liked his dish. Thumbs up, and hope to visit again soon.

Date of visit: April 2015
Reviewed 26 March 2015

this place was amazing, staff are friendly and willing to help if you have any questions. The food was just fantastic and you get plenty of small plate full of delicious appetizers to come with your meal. I would come here again.

Date of visit: March 2015