Howard Johnson Fullerton Anaheim Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Fullerton
“Great”
Reviewed 14 May 2012 via mobile

We stayed last april in this hotel. The rooms were clean and it has a big space the restroom are ok as well the tv in the room are a bit old we stayed in the tower bldg the lift is slow it has only 1lift. The free hot breakfast is good but limited choice and everyday it has the same choice of food. The front desk officer was able to answer my queries. It also has a mini store in the corner of the lobby the chinese guy was friendly but the store closes around 10or11 pm. Overall the hotel was great will visit again when i come back in fullerton.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Tripguard
JeffersonKim, Manager at Howard Johnson Fullerton Anaheim Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 6 June 2012
I posted a video review response on our main website blog.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Front desk was very friendly and helpful. Plenty of parking available. Room was a good size and we had a king and queen bed. Housekeeping cleaned every morning and left fresh towels. Only 15 mins from Disney and Target is the next shopping center over. Pool was very warm even at night. Obviously this is not a new hotel so I expected older carpet and furnishings. But I would never give a hotel a bad rating for decor or thin towels. Our needs were met and for a great price. Will be returning next year

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank GarciaFamilyMayor
Denver CO
Reviewed 10 April 2012

2nd time Ive stayed here with my family. This time was an improvement. Carpeting in room was clean. What I like.... Beautiful Lobby and Gardens, Convient parking, Convient shopping All kinds of shops very close by. Pool very warm and nice. Beds are comfortable, Staff did a nice job of getting us the room we wanted. Room was very clean. Staff did a good job of cleaning room. This hotel has shampoo, conditioner and lotion available. Breakfast is still ok its better than other locations around Disney. But there was a Korean Lady that would yell at many of the guest about breakfast toast. Although we personally never had a problem would her. I think she could treat people a little nicer. The only other problem we had is the shuttle times were cut back futher than the last time we traveled So you need to go over to Disney in the morning and come back at either 10 or 11 pm no midnight shuttle. Towels are not as fluffy as nicer hotels but are ok. So overall why I like this hotel... warm Pool, Clean rooms, comfortable beds, breakfast free shuttle and parking.

Room Tip: Beware of Disco
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank mmfoxybombshell
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 7 April 2012

Just finishing a 3 night business stay in this hotel.

This hotel is very-well located to most major destinations in Orange County, not to mention close proximity to Disneyland.

From the statuary on the property to the marble floors in the lobby, you can tell that this HoJo's was once a very fine (and proud) resort-style property.

It was originally known as the Anaheim Park Hotel and I believe has been some other brands along the way.

Sadly, the current Korean owners are pretty obviously cheapskates who are "milking" the revenue stream and NOT putting much cash back into the property, much less making any improvements.

Somebody should take them to the wood-shed and give them a good read-out on how to be good stewards of what could still be a first-class place.

I own a 100 year-old apartment house in Butte, MT that's way better maintained than this place. It's kind of sad to have such a nice location and site and not really attend to it.

My room was dated, but comfortable. WiFi worked well and the included breakfast buffet was decent. Staff was uniformly polite and helpful.

For the price, relative to other first class hotels in the area, this property is a relative bargain, notwithstanding its deferred maintenance condition, e.g., hallway carpets need a deep steam cleaning, etc.

I could make a punch list here of what all needs cleaning and repair, however, I needed an affordable "crash pad" for a few nights in Fullerton and this place filled the bill perfectly.

The swimming pool water was kept warm, so it was nice to be able to catch a dip at night without getting chilled.

Being situated at Harbor Blvd. and the 91 Freeway, this hotel is convenient to most of Orange County. I even went down to Laguna Beach last evening for dinner and it was only a 25 minute drive in non-rush hour traffic.

Other than the breakfast buffet, there is no on-site meal service. However, there are several decent restaurants within walking distance and the hotel adjoins a couple block square shopping mall.

Plenty of free parking.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay (while closing my eyes to the missing maintenance) and would come back if my budget is limited.

The crowd here was pretty mixed, some seniors, some families, and some tour groups.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

5 Thank SamKephart
Marysville, Washington
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Upon walking into the lobby, you can tell this was once a nice property, but, it now truly is a Howard Johnson...buyer beware. My daughter had purchased her vacation package here, and we decided that we wanted to be close to family, so purchased at the same hotel. This wouldn't have been my first (or my last pick). The rooms were below average, beds were okay, and the room size was small. Even though I had four children traveling with me, you think they would have given us adjoining rooms...no, but, they were next to each other on the same floor. The hotel's web-site indicates there is a restaurant on site -- not. The breakfast, is adequate, but is the same warmed over food day after day. Now, make sure that you are there before closing time, or you will get a lecture from the staff. They don't plan for the number of guests in the hotel, and if you are there anywhere near closing time, don't plan on feeding your family. Make sure you grab the towels out of your room when you go to the pool...no pool towels are available. The real "kicker" was when we came home from Disneyland on Saturday night...the breakfast area had been turned into a full fledged night club, complete with scantily clad women (not good when you are bringing in young children), loud music and a bouncer. Not a hotel that I would stay in again. No micro or fridge in the room.

Room Tip: Upper floor, well away from the breakfast area, which on weekends, turns into a full fledged night c...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank cariboukb
JeffersonKim, Manager at Howard Johnson Fullerton Anaheim Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 6 April 2012
I'm sorry to hear about your experience.

Please let us know in advance if you prefer to be on the same floor. We try to our best to accommodate, but sometimes the room types are not available on the same floor, and it becomes even more difficult when people extend their stays and when we're at peak occupancy.

I have contacted the webmasters to remove the restaurant listing. We're within walking distance to many restaurants, grocery stores, and department stores to help you save even more money for your vacation including the famed In-N-Out.

Pictures of our breakfast can be found on our main website. I can assure you that we are one of the few hotels that offer a free, hot buffet breakfast.

Pool towels are available at the front desk.

NIGHT CLUB
We have a full events staff for our conference center that regularly holds weddings, birthday celebrations, church services, and community strengthening events, such as the Fullerton Mayor's Prayer Breakfast. I am constantly in search of ways that I can bring value to our local community because I view our hotel's mission to go beyond simple, tourist lodging.

The Night Club has been approved through local, county, and state agencies and has minimal impact toward your safety or noise levels in the rooms since the space for the night club is essentially in a different building than where the lodging rooms are located. We have adequate security and plan the night carefully to ensure that we remain a beneficial addition to the City of Fullerton and minimize impact toward hotel guests.

Travellers are raving about these Fullerton hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fullerton
1.9 km away
5.0 km away
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim - Fullerton
3.3 km away
Lemon Tree Hotel and Suites

Been to Howard Johnson Fullerton Anaheim Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK