Just finishing a 3 night business stay in this hotel.
This hotel is very-well located to most major destinations in Orange County, not to mention close proximity to Disneyland.
From the statuary on the property to the marble floors in the lobby, you can tell that this HoJo's was once a very fine (and proud) resort-style property.
It was originally known as the Anaheim Park Hotel and I believe has been some other brands along the way.
Sadly, the current Korean owners are pretty obviously cheapskates who are "milking" the revenue stream and NOT putting much cash back into the property, much less making any improvements.
Somebody should take them to the wood-shed and give them a good read-out on how to be good stewards of what could still be a first-class place.
I own a 100 year-old apartment house in Butte, MT that's way better maintained than this place. It's kind of sad to have such a nice location and site and not really attend to it.
My room was dated, but comfortable. WiFi worked well and the included breakfast buffet was decent. Staff was uniformly polite and helpful.
For the price, relative to other first class hotels in the area, this property is a relative bargain, notwithstanding its deferred maintenance condition, e.g., hallway carpets need a deep steam cleaning, etc.
I could make a punch list here of what all needs cleaning and repair, however, I needed an affordable "crash pad" for a few nights in Fullerton and this place filled the bill perfectly.
The swimming pool water was kept warm, so it was nice to be able to catch a dip at night without getting chilled.
Being situated at Harbor Blvd. and the 91 Freeway, this hotel is convenient to most of Orange County. I even went down to Laguna Beach last evening for dinner and it was only a 25 minute drive in non-rush hour traffic.
Other than the breakfast buffet, there is no on-site meal service. However, there are several decent restaurants within walking distance and the hotel adjoins a couple block square shopping mall.
Plenty of free parking.
Overall, I enjoyed my stay (while closing my eyes to the missing maintenance) and would come back if my budget is limited.
The crowd here was pretty mixed, some seniors, some families, and some tour groups.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Howard Johnson Hotel & Conference Center - Fullerton is a fantastic family friendly, and Corporate travel full service property. Conveniently located just off the 91 freeway and Harbor Blvd, bordering Anaheim, CA and a short drive to experience the magic of Disneyland & Disney's California Adventure theme parks, as well as Knott's Berry Farm, you could attend a sporting event or a concert at the "A" stadium & Honda Center. We are able to accommodate business conferences or seminars. Our hotel offers six flexible meeting rooms, banquet and catering services and a business center. Conveniently located near California State University Fullerton (CSUF), downtown Fullerton, and Anaheim. We provide a free shuttle to/from Disneyland in scheduled times. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Howard Johnson Fullerton Anaheim Hotel and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Inn Fullerton Hotel And Fullerton
- Wyndham Anaheim Park Hotel
- Fullerton Wyndham
- Hotel Anaheim Park