Howard Johnson Fullerton Anaheim Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Fullerton
“Better than others!”
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Just leaving the hotel today, I have to give a big thank you. We were staying at another hotel across the street from Disneyland, and though it was convienient, it was terrible. We checked out and stayed at this hotel. By far it was so much better...and less expensive! The rooms were spacious and the beds were clean and VERY comfortable. The staff is helpful, the bar is nice if the adults want to relax. The shower pressure was great, though the tile in the shower should be upgraded. There is room service and breakfast in the morning. I had my own car and checked out before breakfast, but honestly, there is nothing to complain about! I will be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a tower room, they have recently been upgraded.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Reno, Nevada, United States
Reviewed 25 January 2012

Bed options are two very small full-size beds or one king. Bad for a family of 4+. One 5lb heap of butter everyone shares (or sheds in) for your white-bread toast option. Outside card-entry doors disabled (scary if you don't want just anyone in LA coming to your room). My bathroom never swept for 5 days, nor tub cleaned (soap bar stuck to tub bottom all week); maid left lipstick on our table; previous customer items under our beds; Hotel also only brought a 20 passenger shuttle-style vehicle to pick up some 50 people from the hotel at the closing of the park. 35+ people and tiny kids I counted stranded in the cold with no promise of a return shuttle for an hour! Fried food only for breakfast with 4oz tea cups for coffee, 2 sugar/creamer shakers for 30+ people in line "cafeteria style" who want breakfast bumping into your chair while you try to eat. Same exact food every day for our 7 days. No dairy and only 1 melon all week for fruit; hair dryer missing; front desk staff would not release name of manager nor would they retrieve him; ice machines broken on at least 3 floors; no on-campus security; work-out room maximum of 20 square feet with only 2 aerobic machines, 3 or 4 1980's weight lifters, stinky floor mats for stretching and a clogged restroom; empty TP dispensers in all womens stalls near main breakfast room at 7 a.m.; No Disney Shuttle between 11am and 5pm, one at 6 and none again until 8pm so you are very limited if your kids get tired or you want to leave the park for dinner. They would not upgrade us to a suite because we had kids - even though the full size bed was too small for my 150lb self and my 200lb husband-we're not huge people; painting of greek man in breakfast hall showing - no kidding - 3/4 of his entire privates...why?

Room Tip: Please choose a different hotel. These people appear to be in the business for the money they make...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Joy B

Travellers are raving about these Fullerton hotels

Vacaville, California
Reviewed 5 January 2012

We have stayed here for the last 5 Christmas holidays. We have had very good service and found that the staff is very friendly. We have always found that the rooms are clean and quiet. The shuttle that runs to Disneyland is nice also. The pool is usually heated all during the year and is very nice to swim in. The location is good for us because we have family members who live near by. There is plenty of choices for food and shopping in the area.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank lanismom
Seattle, wa
Reviewed 2 January 2012

I just recently stayed at this hotel and at first I was little worried about staying here due to the negative reviews. However, I was impressed.and their is a couple of ways that they could improve and then I would be more than willing to give it a 5 stars.

1) I arrived late on Monday night 9:30 via Orange County Airport. I took the super shuttle from the airport. I would recommend doing that because taxi's is very expensive.

2) At check in, was easy. I am very fortunate that I don't have credit card debt or owns any credit cards. There is a $75 hold they put on your debit card & at check out you will get a refund. There is a sign that says banks usually take one month to return to your checking account. I specifically requested a Tower Room because I read that those are newer and my more better than their other rooms. I was offered a handicap room but I was hesitant and they gave me my tower room. At check in you also get vouchers for each day that you are here for breakfast. Breakfast is served everyday from 6 to 9am. I will go into detail about that later.

3) I was given a room on Level 6. The room is huge in my eyes. I got a nice bathroom. In the bathroom there was no sign of rust or mildew. The water pressure was very good. I never ran out of hot water. EVER. I got a king size bed which was huge for me but I loved having so much room to move around in. There was five pillows (4 white & one biege). The white pillows was the softest in the world. The mattress of perfect for me. Not too firm. Not to soft. There is one tv and three drawers in front of the bed. The closet was small but I didn't pack much. I think two people would have plenty of room to be here for a week. There is a microwave and desk where you can write. There is a nice chair where you can relax at. The balcony was the best in my eyes. There is a small table with two chairs and a reclining lounge chair where you can get a little bit of sun. I counted 4 lamps in the room. 3 of them have a plug in to charge items. There is a container that you can put ice in. FYI. From the 6th floor you have to go to the 5th floor to get to the ice machine. The air conditioning/heat worked easy for me. It's self explanatory on how to use it. The elevator was working while I was here. There is a coffee maker in the room.

4) The breakfast that was served was very good and filling for me. I am not a picky eater. Everyday they served: Toast, potatoes, rice, scrambled eggs with sausage, pancakes, fruit, coffee, tea (both decaf and regular) and water. The cups for the orange juice and coffee are rather small. I found myself going to get refills and coming back to a table that was already clean and someone else have taken my spot because I refuse to leave my belongs their by itself. IT does get extremely crowded during breakfast so it is wise to get their early.

5) The Free Disney Shuttle was awesome. It runs daily in the AM at these times usually: 8,9,19 & 11. There is no shuttle between 12 to 4. Which I was okay with. The next shuttles run in the PM at: 5,6,7 (not on Sundays) 8,9,10. The shuttle returns from Disney to the hotel at those same hours except at the :15. When you check in grab the shuttle schedule and keep it with you :-) The last couple of days I was here they didn't go to Disneyland but I did take it there so I could have dinner in Anaheim. The Garden Park Mall is in walking distance from there. If you find yourself stranded in the middle of the day to get back to the hotel take the Bus 43 (runs about every 15 to 20 minutes) It cost $1.50 one way & $4.00 for an all day pass.

6) The pool is really nice and spacious. I went swimming several times while here. The pool is heated and the weather in Fullerton was in the 70's during the day. It never got crowded :-)

7) The only thin I was thinking about doing was getting a car for one day. I talked to the concierge and I briefly talked to a gentleman from the rental agency. I told him that I needed to think about it and told him I would call him back about getting a car for New Years Eve. This was on a Thursday. On 8am on Friday I got a phone call in my room from the rental car agency asking me if I wanted a rental car. I told him I would have called him back. I have no idea how he got my room number and with the fact that I got 5 hours of sleep I wasn't a happy camper. I hung up with him and found that I couldn't fall back asleep *sigh* I never mentioned to the hotel about how the car rental agency my room number but I will eventually. For New Years Eve I had several parties to go to in Hollywood. So I did something very simple. I took the bus 43 to the Fullerton Station. That is where Amtrak is located. I took a train from Fullerton to LA Union Station. Then I took the Red Line to Hollywood. My friends picked me up. It only cost $14 to get there.

The only ways that I could think of improving this hotel would be:
A) Change things up for breakfast. Other options would be really awesome.

B) I don't know the cost of it would be but a lot of people would stay here even more if you offered a shuttle from Orange County Airport to here. Even if there was a cost involved.

C) I think your housekeepers do a great job but I did find a lighter under the cushion of my chair but it didn't bother me.

Your customer service was really great while my stay here. Every answer I had was answered politely. If I come to this area for vacation, again, I will definitely stay here.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room in the Tower. They are much nicer than the others.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Lisa J
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 2 January 2012

I visited California from June 30th to July 8th of 2011. It was my first time in California. It has always been a dream of mine to visit the LA area. I had high expectations. This hotel was okay but it wasn't what I had hoped for. When I first got to the hotel I noticed that there were a few noticeable cracks in the wall on the fourth floor. It made me nervous. Right then I knew it was going to be a bad stay. I was scared that the building was not up to par with the new California state building codes for earthquake safety. I couldn't go to sleep that night I was so scared. Everything else was somewhat normal. The food was decent but lacked variety. I really wished I would have stayed elsewhere. It would have made my first stay at California more enjoyable.

Room Tip: When I stayed there, the fourth floor was pretty quiet for the most part.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Julia C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fullerton
1.9 km away
5.0 km away
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim - Fullerton
3.3 km away
Lemon Tree Hotel and Suites

Been to Howard Johnson Fullerton Anaheim Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK