“AMAZING FLYING!”
Review of SkyThrills

SkyThrills
More attraction details
Owner description: SkyThrills & Blackstone Airways offer a full range of world-class flying services. Fly with us in our fully restored vintage 1957 Beech Super 18 Airliner to the dream destination of your choice. We will fly you and 5 friends direct to destinations that most airlines cannot or will not fly to. You will feel like a movie star from the 1950s as you sip fine wine or champagne in our luxurious and roomy cabin from just 2,500 feet and 160 mph. We always take the scenic route because sometimes the flight is so enjoyable you will want to savor the experience as long as possible. Flying the Beech Super 18 is like flying a magic train into a time when flying was more about the luxury experience and enjoying the view through huge picture windows. For 16 years, SkyThrills has offered the best in aerobatic thrill rides available with our amazing fleet of aircraft. You will fly "hand's on" even if you have never been in a plane before. No flying experience is required. Choose to fly our Pitts S-2C or our Extra 300L aerobatic stunt plane for an "Extreme" experience. Or go "Classic" in our open cockpit biplane with two passengers in the front seat as you fly our 1930's our open cockpit Waco YMF-5C. This magical flying adventure can take you through loops and rolls or a gentle tour around downtown LA or Long Beach Harbor. Or choose to fly a real fighter plane hand's on, the Marchetti SF-260. We have the most exotic aircraft and flight programs anywhere - ranging from Mild-to-Wild, Classic-to- Extreme! So whatever flying adventure you crave,Blackstone Airways & SkyThrills will give you the best and most memorable experience possible. We are the "Thrill of a Lifetime!"
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Austin, Texas
“AMAZING FLYING!”
Reviewed 1 April 2012

I recently flew with Mike Blackstone (callsign: Rocket) at SkyThrills! In a word it was, Magnificent! As a professional airline pilot I am not able to fly an airplane in daily operations to its maximum performance envelope. Under Mike’s patient and extraordinarily professional tutelage I was able to explore aerobatic maneuvers in a safe and secure manner. Rocket is a natural teacher and stressed safety as the primary emphasis of his training. Despite the many aerobatic maneuvers he taught I never felt safety was compromised. I truly believe his training will make me safer pilot. Moreover, the entire experience was a blast and I had the time of my life! His enthusiasm for flying is infectious and his desire to make his customer happy is praiseworthy. Thanks Rocket, I shall be back again. I enthusiastically recommend SkyThrills! and Mike to fellow pilots and to non-pilots interested in a fun and exciting experience.

Visited March 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Simi Valley, California
“Sky Thrills Sunset Flight was the best adventure I have had in years!”
Reviewed 30 March 2012

Mike is a gracious host and incredible pilot. Even at the end of a long day he was an enthusiastic instructor as he prepared my daughter and I for our first aerobatic biplane flight. We learned what to expect, he kept us engaged with what was going on, and enabled us to have a great time performing loops, rolls, hammerheads and spins, all the while taking time to watch the splendid sunset. His beautiful Waco YMF5 biplane is a modern classic, trimmed with wood and leather. After the aerobatics, we did sightseeing along the coast then enjoyed the beauty of the night time lights of Long Beach and Fullerton. The stunning photos serve to remind us of the thrill and beauty and we will long be encouraging co-workers and friends to enjoy the adventure also. More than three days later we still grin to think of the time spent flying with Sky Thrills. Try it - I'm sure you'll agree!

Simi Valley, California
“Totally worth it, would do it again in a heartbeat.”
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I was completely impressed in every way. Mike, our pilot was professional, but very friendly and made us feel completely comfortable and excited. The flight was great! Mike was careful to make sure we were comfortable with the aerobatics, and didn't pressure us at all, but we LOVED it and kept asking for more.
Be sure to bring a camera, preferably with a wrist strap since it's windy in the biplane. You'll be wearing a snug helmet so keep that in mind when getting ready.
I went with my father, and we are both so very happy with the whole experience from start to finish. I recommend it to everyone.

Brooklyn, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“AMAZING! Worth Every penny and more!”
Reviewed 14 March 2012

Had an AWESOME time!!!
Michael gave me a thorough briefing and therefore felt well prepared.
Extremely friendly, personable and professional staff.
HIGHLY recommend going to this place.

1 Thank the_elka
honolulu
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“What a great time”
Reviewed 15 February 2012

This was a great experience for husband and son who both had a blast. Mike made them - and me- feel very comfortable with the safety features and them gave them the best ride ever. Disney paled in comparison after that ride.

Visited February 2012