“Beware styrofoam and plastic stir sticks!”

McClain's Coffeehouse
Ranked #9 of 10 Coffee & Tea in Fullerton
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 2 March 2016

I really want to support McClain's, my favorite local coffee house when I'm in Fullerton visiting my mom. However, the last two times I've been there take out coffee is served in styrofoam cups...not so healthy nor sustainable! I urge McClain's to switch to paper cups and wood stir sticks like their corporate neighbor Starbooks down the street. Oh, and I'd really love a non-smoking outdoor seating area. Will return if and when you make the changes!

1  Thank GeoLorenzo

Reviewed 15 October 2015

Street parking so this is hit and miss. Coffee shop staff are friendly and offer a nice selection of drinks and light food. I usually go there to listen to live music - a favourite acoustic duo - Ascent- play there. Comfy seating - sofas, chairs, etc.

Reviewed 15 August 2015

Visiting friends in the area and stopped here for a coffee & muffin. I was pleased with both and liked it enough to stop here again the next day before leaving town. Both young women who waited on me were pleasant and helpful. There is seating outside, but it is so loud with traffic and the car wash across the street that the comfy seats inside made more sense to me. Check the bathroom...it is cleverly decorated.

Reviewed 5 July 2015

This is our place to play CAH. The chicken quesadilla is so good. There is a chai tea shake (I think) that they make that is really good too. The desserts are heavenly. Cash Only though. They have an ATM inside. Nice homey feel to it.

Reviewed 28 June 2015

I've only been there one time when we were killing some time in downtown Fullerton waiting for our daughter to meet up with us. Her older sister was visiting, and we stopped in for a cup. The place is shabby and unkempt and most of the people who were there were quite unsavory, so that may have clouded our judgement, but the coffee was so bad, we all threw it away after a couple of sips. That, and it was overpriced. We would have been better off at McDonald's. I am not kidding. I think its only appeal is to a group of young people that aren't old enough to drink, but need a place to hang out. For that, it serves a purpose, but their coffee is ghastly.