All reviews frontage road river park a great stay room was clean next morning water pressure sausage convenient location one night stay yogurt free breakfast air conditioner patrick costco yosemite blackstone laundry
Reviewed 27 August 2018

We were in town to visit family and needed a place for a Saturday night. We arrived about 8 PM and left the next morning at 6 AM.

The hotel is a little hard to find, but OK if you have modern GPS. Check in was quick and friendly, no troubles there.

The room was comfy, with two double beds. No issues with the bathroom.

The AC was the type that turns on and off; sounded like a jet engine taking off when it turned on.

Our biggest complaint was the street noise. People in Fresno apparently love to gun their engines and blast the bass at all hours of the night. What could the hotel have done? Obviously they can't control the drivers, but they could have put us in a room facing away from the road (given the empty parking lot, it looked like there were plenty of empty rooms).

We left before breakfast, so no comment on that.

Would we stay here again? Not sure, but would do some research before coming back.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

We had a very nice stay here. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room wa a great. The only slight issue was the shower mixer was very tight and hard to move. Also the water pressure kept fluctuating.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2018

Booked here because we were traveling with our grandson, and he loves the pool. But, the pool was removed 3 months ago, but it is still listed. Very disappointing and misleading. Breakfast fair. Rooms clean and comfortable.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

If I could give this hotel 10 stars I would. I received a frantic call from my young niece who was stranded at the Amtrak station after her ride/overnight arrangements were a no-show. Being hours away and approaching dark I looked for a hotel near where she was scheduled to take her CNA exam the next morning. Gabriel answered the phone and was sympathetic, but had limitations when it came to 3rd party authorizations for the room. After hearing my story he worked some magic and graciously allowed me to pay for the room and charges so my niece would have a safe place to stay for the next two nights. I cannot say thank you enough for accommodating my unusual situation. My entire family is eternally grateful to Gabriel and Comfort Suites.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank ATFaris
Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

We were confused by this Comfort Suites. First it is hard to get to and then there were several things that we found odd about the hotel.
First when we got to the room there was only one night stand. I had to go down stairs and talk to front desk clerk. He said they were remodeling and must have forgot to put the 2nd nightstand in the room. He got one for us, but it seemed like a lame excuse.
Other things we found odd was there were no hooks in the bathroom to hang wet towels on and there was glass blocks on the shower wall that showed the silhouette of the person taking a shower into the bedroom area of the room. This is ok for couples, but probably not ok for friends traveling together. There was also a big and deep Jacuzzi tub in the bathroom that was hard to get into and out of if you were showering. There needs to be a grab bar by the tub. Also when they put the Jacuzzi tub in they did not move the plumbing for the shower and the showerhead pointed at the wall. You had to stand to one side of the tub to use the shower.
Also the bathroom door was not level and would always swing shut. I like to use a night light and then crack the bathroom door open.
And the bed was hard.