All reviews frontage road river park a great stay managers reception room was clean next morning would stay here again water pressure sausage convenient location yogurt one night stay free breakfast air conditioner patrick costco yosemite
Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

A little difficult to find but well worth the effort.
102E Herndon Ave. is on the frontage road N/E of the intersection of Herndon and Blackstone.
Great well maintained and clean hotel with a exceptional staff.
Rooms are well furnished will all the requirements and a very comfortable bed.
Breakfast is complete with hot and cold items.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank E2587IDrobertt
Diane C, Sales Manager at Comfort Suites Fresno River Park, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2018

I am so glad that you found our hotel to be clean, comfortable and that you enjoyed the five star accommodations and hospitality that we strive to show to each guest, during every stay. We hope to be of service to you again when you return to the area.

Reviewed 6 January 2018

Had a rough start to our trip. Flight delay in Pittsburgh, Pa due to ice, 4 hour wait to get car. The staff here made up for it. From the minute we walked in the door we felt like family. Moved our room as asked, we wanted a room so we would not disturb any one else. We were moved to 213 above the pool. Did not have to spend our time together fighting over noice, runnning, etc. We all loved the breakfast, fresh and hot! We were kept in a supply of towels, coffe, pillows, linens, etc. My granddaughter was having trouble sleeping on the pullout and they extra padded it! The staff had a birthday party;, fed us exceptional food and birthday cake. Only complaint I have is that it took forever to heat the pool and even on our 8th. day not warm enough for little ones. I was going to mention a few exceptional people from day one but the longer I was here they all seem exceptional. Did not want to leave any names off the list. I have traveled all over! And it is a shame I can not take the hotel and staff on future travels. It is hard to find exceptional service! I will stay again if in Fresno.

Room tip: If traveling with little ones 213 is a great room. If noise bothers you I would ask to stay away from families. They are
Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Diane C, other at Comfort Suites Fresno River Park, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2018

I can't begin to tell you how much I enjoyed reading your review. Thank you for taking the time to share this five star experience with our management, staff, and future guests. I will happily share your comments with our staff and we look forward to seeing you again should your travels bring you back to the Fresno area.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

It was a great stay here at Comfort Suites Fresno River Park. I visited with my family and I have a new born accompanying us so we asked for the early check in and late checkout. Not only they happily agreed but also made our stay super comfortable. We needed boiling water and they took extra steps to cater to our needs.
Evening Social was great. We enjoyed free drinks in the evening. Breakfast was hot and good.
Overall, this hotel is great and stay was super!!!

Thanks you will have my business again.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for the outstanding review! We love to hear when we have exceeded our guests’ expectations and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

I stayed as a solo traveler at the Comfort Suites Fresno on Saturday October 7. It was a little difficult to find, as this hotel is located on a frontage road in an rather industrial location ( I had a view of the Costco from my window). It did appear a bit worn from the outside, but once I entered the lobby those concerns abated. Check in was a breeze, though I neglected to get the wifi code at the time. My room was on the 3rd floor at the end of the hallway. The room was clean, with a king size bed and a small sitting area. The bathroom was nice and clean as well. I would describe the accomodations as nice, but not spectacular; I would not expect spectacular for the price I paid. The best thing about the stay was the breakfast buffet the next morning. Comfort Suites provided several cereal choices, including hot oatmeal; a waffle maker; biscuits and gravy; sausage links; eggs; various types of toast; apples and bananas; muffins; yogurt; hot beverages, etc. I am probably missing several items, but the point is that the self serve buffet was a lot more generous than I had expected. If I need to spend a night in Fresno I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank nmk0204
Reviewed 10 October 2017

The room was very nice for 2 adults and 3 grandkids. Two queen beds plus a sleeper bed worked out great. The service was excellent. Very friendly desk personel and the room service did a great job with the 3 grandkids making their presence known. The swimming pool was chilly at best. Our 8 year old grandson lets nothing stand in his way, except this cool pool really challenged him. The rest only stuck their feet in. The location was good, but not much to look at out your window except the backside of Costco. All we did is sleep anyway, so it really didn't bother us. We'd come back if nothing else for the front desk service. And the breakfast was actually pretty good. Sausage was edible for once and so were the eggs.

Room tip: Book well in advance because this place is really busy, especially on week-ends.
Date of stay: October 2017