“Sleep in Your Car First!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Ashlan Inn

Ashlan Inn
Ranked #61 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Valley Center, CA
“Sleep in Your Car First!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2011

Desk clerk pleasant. Room absolutely horrible. The single chair had huge holes in the arms with stuffing coming out of them. In addition, it was horribly stained. You wouldn't let your pet sit in this chair. Holes in the walls. Old, battered furniture. Parking lot didn't look safe for parking our car (in back of building). Rough looking male occupants of several rooms on the side of the building had dragged chairs out of their rooms and were sitting outside smoking and drinking. We actually left and didn't stay there, mostly because of the condition of the room. They have refused to give me a refund. I do understand that they have a 24-hr cancellation policy. Oh well...just couldn't stay there.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank healey4
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Norwalk
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2011

Traveled with a group of people. The rooms are out dated and old looking. Our room had only a few channels on the T.V. while some of our group had all the cable channels available. We had a lousy pressure on the shower head, a broken ironing board and old rough scratchy towels. i requested code for cable which they gave me, but didn't tell me till after I checked out that it didn't work in that room.
When we first check in the room smelled like stale smoke. We called and they came to the room to spray.
The door bolt lock did not work. There was also a large draft area under the door.
If you had coffee on your in room coffee machine one morning no coffee was left for you the next day. We called for more coffee and they said if we want a packet to come to the lobby and get it. --SO MUCH FOR GOOD SERVICE.
One good thing is the "Yosemite Cafe on the property" FANTASTIC.

Room Tip: Again, ask questions and check your room first.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Alanis562
Union City, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2011

Well, I have been meaning to write a review about my stay there for long but somehow couldn't prioritize it! The service was 'WOW' Room was big and quiet. I spent a night there and was able to sleep comfortably. More than the rooms, its their customer service that wowed me... not just while I was staying there but today as well.
I lost my receipt for the trip and wanted them to send it again to me (so that I could expense it to my company !!), Anyways, while I was on phone with the front desk guy, the email popped in my mailbox with that reciept... WOW again!
I totally recommend this place!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Fargo, North Dakota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2011

I travel as a trucker and my company uses Corporate Lodging (www.CorpLodging.com) ... I stopped in April 19 about 2am in the morning. The clerk told me he had one room left and the rate was $150.00 I asked him if he still took CLC and he said yes, but not for that night. So I replied "Wait until CLC hears about this".. and departed back to my truck.

I called CLC and their clerk called to hotel to inquire as to if they had rooms - the same clerk told her yes he had one - and when he found out it was CLC calling - he said he could not sell it due to leaking issues.

Now - WHILE I was on the phone with CLC... the same Quality Inn clerk came out to my truck and began hitting my door and knocking on the window all while I was attempting to locate via CLC other properties that their (CLC) card was accepted at in the Fresno area. I rolled down the window and inquired as to what he wanted - and he told me that I had caused his management to call and he wanted me OFF his Property NOW!!! I told him when I was done with my call to CLC I'd leave. He continued knocking and nearly pounding on both the door and window - and EVEN TRIED TO OPEN MY DRIVER SIDE DOOR. (Fortunately I anticipated this and locked it) The CLC clerk was totally amazed and said she would send out an e-mail to appropriate people, as my phone transmitted his pounding and demands for my departure.

I strongly suggest that other accommodations be acquired in the area.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank chipp610
Carson, WA.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2011

I love the location of this hotel and we were excited to have the Falls Resturant right there. We noticed the carpet felt a little damp in the sink area but thought you had just cleaned it. I was disappointed that we only had 2 towels for both of us and NO bathmat. The television was old and the clicker didn't work most of the time. The toilet handle had to be held down for several seconds to flush it. We did like the bed so that was comfortable and important. We also appreciated having a refrigerator/freezer wih the microwave and coffeemaker. You say you are "pet friendly", but charging $30 for a pet is hardly friendly and could be very misleading when booking the room. I will say that Partesh your evening manager, was most helpful in providing us with his courteous service. He did his best for what he had to work with but was also kept very busy. By morning our carpet was soaked under our sink and when putting towels down, it soaked up a nasty brown color. It was disgusting and we told Partesh he has a major leak somewhere under the floor. Would have to think twice before I ever stayed here again.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple