All reviews fresno airport close to the airport piccadilly inn budget hotel rental car road warrior free shuttle to the airport walk in shower coffee maker aaa discount reception area flat screen tv fresh waffles microwave and fridge business or pleasure an older property comfortable bed
Reviewed 14 May 2018

My wife and I stayed here over a weekend to attend a wedding. We had a late arrival and an early departure into and out of Fresno and wanted a hotel close to the airport. This hotel is located just outside the entrance drive into the Fresno Airport. The price was excellent. The hotel was fairly average, clean and it served it's purpose. The rooms have inside entrances, but there are 4 separate buildings, 3 buildings with rooms and 1 for check-in which serves a free hot breakfast in the mornings. We stayed on a Friday night and drama could be heard in another room close by. This hotel also seems to be popular with contractors who are working away from home. This is a great property when you need to be close to the airport, but I would not stay here for a weekend getaway.

Stayed: April 2018
Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

We booked two rooms in advance, told them we would have a late arrival from Sequoia National Park and when we arrived at 11:45pm, with two kids under 12 in tow and driving 2 hours, the front desk told me I called to cancel the rooms at noon that day, and then they resold them. Forget the fact that I was in Sequoia National Park which has zero cell phone service, why in the world would I show up. They also had no more rooms. No hotel in a 15 miles radius had rooms. So instead of getting a few hours of sleep before our 6am flight from Fresno airport, we got the pleasure of spending the night on the floor at the airport. I am confident the manager noticed that all rooms in town were filling up and decided to “cancel” our rooms so they could resell them at a higher rate. Absolutely horrible treatment. I would never trust this location.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

Typical Quality Inn with above typical customer care. The front desk staff go above and beyond . Can't be better...room was ok... Bring an extension cord. Very few outlets ...the desk chair wouldn't adjust.. No issues with cleanliness..or safety. No guest laundry...which was a disappointment. TV was small...but worked well. Would stay here again on my own dime. Not the greatest...but one of the best.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank brkinlv
Reviewed 6 November 2017

Even if you end up paying a little more, I would recommend staying somewhere else. I'm typically very easy going but staying at this property pushed me to my limit. There were no curtains in the room I was given but a bed sheet strung across the windows. I looked at the other rooms and they all had curtains, no sheets covering the windows. The man at the front desk was surprised and said there had been poor communication as he didn't know about the sheet. Or maybe someone had stolen the curtains. Don't count on the shuttle to the airport to be regular. After I dropped off my rental car off at the airport I had to call twice to get picked up. I got another room. It had curtains but the remote didn't work. The back had been stripped off the remote so the guy at the front desk taped it together. Then I found a bucket of bleach sitting in the bathroom. Not a great place to stay. Pay more and find something better.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 October 2017

We have been coming to Fresno since 1975 and have stayed at most of the hotels in town. We stayed at this location long before it was purchased and renamed by the Piccadilly Hotels Group. Then we stayed here a few times when it was branded a Piccadilly Express. We watched this location go steadily down hill over the years. The basic infrastructure is over 40 years old. This tells you right off there won’t be any electrical outlets in the right locations and Wi-Fi will be iffy. The non-working phones bolted on the bathroom walls are another clue. They are a left over remnant from a bygone era to become a “business hotel.” The old phone wires are now used to run a cobbed up Wi-Fi router system.

There are work a rounds for most all these conditions. However, there is no work a round for 40 year old steel pipes that have corrosion blocking half of their inside diameter. The water pressure sucks here and will continue to do so until they rip the walls out and replace all the piping. That’s not going to happen; so be advised low flow shower heads and low flow piping are not compatible. Your hair will look like Cosmo Kramer when you step out of the shower.

The folks that have secured this Quality franchise don’t seem to care very much about the overall hotel appearance or functionality of room equipment. There are thick cobwebs and giant wasp nests on the exterior walls. The desk chair in our room was broken and stuck in the full down position. The coffee brewer parts were broken. We had to patch it together with rubber bands to make coffee. The large wall mirror had “stuff” slopped all over it. The shower head is so loose it keeps pointing straight down.

It’s pretty clear this location uses “contracted” house keeping services and the workers do only what they are told to do and observe nothing. None of them can think beyond “when is quitting time?” They won’t report anything broken or dirty because they think they will be blamed for it and reported to ICE.

Oh Yeah, One more thing…It’s improper American Flag protocol to fly our flag at night without illumination. Get lights on it or take it down at sunset.

You make up your mind if you want to stay here. We stayed free with Choice Points and paid too much!

Room Tip: If you must stay here, pre-inspect your room before renting it
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business