“Good basic hotel”

Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Fremont
Lucan
“Good basic hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

I stayed here for 2 weeks. The room was a nice size and had a fridge and microwave. The price was good and there was a small swimming pool onsite too. The biggest letdown was the breakfast. The only hot food available was DIY waffles - the onces where you pour the batter into the waffle maker yourself. Maybe I was expecting too much but this was very disappointing for me. Also, no bar onsite but there are bars about 2 miles away down Fremont Blvd. Also a bar next door at the Marriott, but it lacked atmosphere.

Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Marietta, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

We stayed here for 4 days and the overall stay was fine. We had a remodeled room and it was very attractive. One day, we returned to the room at 4:00pm (we left at 9:00) and the room wasn't clean-disappointed, but lady came by and switched out our towels. The breakfast was average for La Quinta. Very friendly staff!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2012

Price point, its too expensive for an ordinary hotel. I've checked in here a couple of times and I think for $100, I'd rather stay at the Hyatt which is a couple of blocks away from this hotel. I have requested a late check out (only for an hour) since I checked-in late because my flight was delayed but the desk clerk didn't have the consideration for this.

It was pricey for just standard amenities and it was kinda noisy right next to the 880 freeway. It was not that accessible to places, you still have to drive. I would rather stay somewhere else than pay high for just standard rooms.

Room Tip: check the prices online first instead of walk in rates
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Reston, Virginia, USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2012

I stayed here for 6 nights. Good rooms ( well lit, clean etc). I actually like the home screen on TV which has sound of waves - can be soothing to a tired traveller like myself, I slept well.
Parking was not a problem. Breakfast is decent, it just gets crowded (like any other hotel) during peak times. Would be nice to provide some fresh fruits and Oatmeal as part of breakfast, as I see that being offered in other hotels I stay at. Fresh Waffles is a nice touch.
I was not too happy about internet speeds, was slow could not facetime with my family the whole trip. I feel that the hotel is huge, and when running high on occupancy the wifi points are being used to limits. you might need to switch to a higher bandwidth.
I think you can do better on the gym as well. the day i used it, the TV was not working, the HVAC did not seem to be operational, and I have to go to lobby for a towel. Gym experience was basically bad.
I also think you need more staff at front desk, several times he was on the phone with some guest, as well as had 2-3 La qunita guests waiting in line to get some questions clarified.
Finally, I cut short my stay in LQ because their guest laundry service was not operational. I was told they are putting more machines in there hence there is construction work going on there. But, I was in CA for 2 weeks, and had to move to another hotel in middle of the week because I needed laundry. I was told to go to a public laundromat. I might have taken the option if I was given a free credit, as a token for having your guests go outside the hotel to get their clothes laundered. There were two of us travellers, so you basically lost about $2000 business ( we had to stay in bay area 6 more nights)!
I also feel you need to get a COPORATE rate with some of the larger companies in the area.
As I was visiting for two different vendors, they were able to suggest some hotels which had corporate rates lower that what you charged. My stay was more enjoyable with those hotels.
I will come back and stay if the more popular chains are sold out.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2012

We stayed here during our recent visit to the area. We rented one of the larger rooms that has separate living room and bed rooms at the end of the halls. Very quiet and comfortable room.

Building was undergoing construction / updating on a couple of the floors but that did not have any affect on us.

The hotel is located right off Fremont Blvd and is pretty well situated near a very nice shopping area with plenty of dining options. You're right off the interstate and therefore can easily get going to where you need to be.

From the pet standpoint though, there's some green area located around the long sides of the hotel but other than that, it's pretty much a concrete covered area in general since there is plenty of modern construction (hotels, businesses, etc.). Still, not bad overall.

Enjoy!